edge 91 with still edge 89 download experience

Copper Contributor

Is the new download experience a staged rollout? on both my pc i keep getting the old download bar at bottom, the "show download button" option is just not there and the option to show download windows isn't there

It happens on 2 different pc, surface laptop and home-made desktop, every other machine i see are getting the new experience; at each edge 90 update i was waiting for it to be enabled but now it is 91 and still nothing.

Also, maybe related, also since going from edge 89 to 90 i'm getting this message on the about page "Update Policies are Configured but will be Ignored because this Device isn’t Domain Joined" also on both pc.

I never joined any networkdomain, finally read here that i was a server error that should be resolved remotely and can be ignored => [Microsoft Edge] Update Policies are Configured but will be Ignored because this Device isn’t Domain...

Any helped greatly appreciated,

thx

1 Reply

I am experiencing a similar issue. I use Edge on macOS, and on v90, I can use the Download Shelf (side popup). However, after updating to v91 this morning, the download experience reverted to a bottom bar.

I think the popup is better to use, and I'd prefer if there is an option to adapt to the new behavior.