Ebook Reading Capabilities

Brass Contributor

E-book(pdf/epub) capabilities were gorgeous on the old edge . 

Like words highlight and dictionary . Please try to add those feature on the new edge .

Epub is not supported on the new edge .

Scrolling is not smooth while accessing PDF file.

Thank You

2 Replies

Hi @Varun_Sharma, thank you for your feedback.  We understand that we still have a ways to go to get our PDF support to where we would like it.  I have forwarded your suggestions on to the PDF feature team.

Hello,

I also believe that the ebook reader feature works very well on the old Edge and, for me, it'd be essential to keep it on Chromium Edge. As EPUB is, in fact, a standard, widespread format, Windows users need a tool to view this type of documents, just as we need a tool to view TXT files, images or videos.

I've tested other programmes, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to find an acceptable alternative. Not only that: I think the ebook reader feature looks amazing on Edge and it's a joy to use, so even if I was able to eventually find a good alternative, I'd still miss the whole reading experience on Edge.

For the sake of providing a tool to read a standard format in Windows, I really hope Microsoft migrates the feature to the new Edge. I believe it should be a core feature, but a compromise could be to provide it, at least, as an extension.

Thank you four time and I'll keep my fingers crossed.