DPI issue when moving to external monitor

Copper Contributor

Apologies if this has been brought up or is being worked on, if so my search skills have failed me. 

My issue is with how Edge is scaling when moving between my laptop and any external monitor. Basically when I move Edge to an external monitor, the UI doesn't seem to scale properly compared to Chrome or Firefox. I have a Surface Laptop with 2256x1504 and 150% scaling and here's what Edge (always on the left) and Chrome look like on the laptop screen:

EdgeVChrome1.png

If I move Edge over to an external monitor at 1920x1080 with 100% scaling, the Edge UI is massive compared to Chrome or Firefox. Here's the two side by side again on the external monitor:

EdgeVChrome2.png

All aspects of the UI are huge, including the menu and everything in Settings, etc. 

Another comparison is to Firefox. Firefox, with the bookmark bar turned on, is still much smaller (ideal) than Edge without showing its bookmark bar. Here's Edge and Firefox on the laptop screen:

EdgeVFF1.png

Here's Edge and Firefox on the external monitor:

EdgeVFF2.png

2 Replies
Hi nice catch!
that looks like an issue that needs a fix. by the way would you mention which version of Windows 10 are you using? thanks

@HotCakeX I'm 1903 (18362.418). Thanks!