Downloaded images opened automatically

Copper Contributor

Hey there, I've been having this problem since the last few Dev versions. Every time I download an image file Photos app (or any program I've set as default) opens it automatically. It only happens with images, not videos, and not in the Beta version. It is quite annoying and can't find a reason for it. I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

9 Replies
Hi,
try resetting Edge insider settings to their defaults:
edge://settings/reset

@HotCakeX 

I did but still having the problem.

A reinstall maybe? (choose to delete all user data when prompted during uninstallation)

@HotCakeX 

That's the first thing I did when it all started. Anyway, I'm starting to think the problem might be that I could have enabled this option accidentally, as I just have the problem with .jpg files :

clipboard_image_0.png

But I don't know exactly how to check if that's the problem or how to work it out. 

Thank you.

Hi @AlbertoPS, it looks to me like you are on Windows 10.  If so, you can go to the Windows Settings app and then search for default apps.  You can then click on the Choose default apps by file type and then scroll down to .jpg and set it to whatever program you want to launch.  Thanks - Elliot

Hmm yes nice find, that should be it

I had changed the default image viewer before, that was not the problem.
In the end, I've just uninstalled Edge Dev clearing all data and reinstalled again.

@HotCakeX

@Elliot Kirk 

Thank you both for your help!

You're welcome, so it's fixed now?

@HotCakeX 

Yes, it's solved. Still, I believe that the actual bug is the fact that you can't disable de "Always open this type of files" option.