Downloaded file does not appear

Bronze Contributor

Hello

Small bug when I download a file (or whatever else) on the desktop for example (Canary version)
The file does not appear, I have to do "right click / refresh" for the file to appear

Thanks

11 Replies
When you say you download on the desktop, do you mean right clicking on a file on the web and choosing "save link as" and browsing for the desktop?

where do you have to refresh? the web page or your desktop?

@HotCakeX 

When I want to download a file, I have the window that opens to ask me where I want to save (set like this in Canary)
I choose to save on the desktop, and when the download is finished, on the desktop I do not have the file, and I do "right click / refresh" on the desktop, and it's good

Looks like a Windows problem
try this:
1. in the Windows search type "folder options" or "file explorer options"
2. Click on the View tab
3. Click on Reset Folders button.
4. In the same tabs at the bottom select restore defaults

@HotCakeX 

I do not think it's a problem of Windows, I do not have this problem with other browsers

And new install of Windows 10 yesterday

@HotCakeX 

Ok, thanks

I can try the "Reset" but I have no problem viewing Windows (refresh), only with Canary

@HotCakeX 

I looked at your links, and I can not find this registry key

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{BDEADE7F-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}\Instance

But strangely, I have no problem to refresh with Windows Explorer or other browsers

Do I need to add this registry key ?

Thanks

I don't seem to have it either. I guess you better wait for further updates to fix it and report it via feedback too

@HotCakeX 

Ok, thanks
The problem seems to come only on the desktop, no problem in a directory

Capture.PNG

File present in the directory, but not in desktop without refresh

Yw, Yes it's strange, I don't remember to have come across this problem before so I don't have enough info about how to solve it..but if it's only happening with Edge insider browser then chances are it will go away with future updates, hopefully.

I still have the problem when I download a file to the desktop
The file does not appear on the desktop, once the download is complete, and I have to refresh  the  desktop so that the file appears (right click / refresh or F5)

It's really annoying as a "bug"

test.gif

Thanks for your great work

PS: no problem with other browsers