Download Speed - Too slow in comparison...

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello guys, recently i've been using the Edge Dev for my daily routine.

But recently, i realize that when i download something on Edge is too slow comparing with Chrome.

Seens that my Edge "limits" the speed of my download.

I download a Google Drive file, separately, with only one Browser running at a time.

Chrome: i can download around 10MB/s

Edge: around 2MB/s

I already try to re-install the Edge Dev and clear the settings, but keeps happening the same thing...

I've tried to reset my ISP Settings.

Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance.

28 Replies
I'm testing it on Edge Canary...

@Deleted Here comes the result for Edge Canary:speed.png

Again, the results from the Insider Builds will not be anything similar to that of actual regular browsers and sure not the same as Edge. Edge and a speed test app run in OS will be the same. And, the Insider Channels can quite varying results from each other, too.

The obvious irony, here, is, in practice, the Insider Builds appear or seem to do things faster & more quickly than Edge.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Sent from Windows Mobile

The Internet speed test is good but OP says he only has problem with Google Drive downloads, the rest of the downloads are fine

@Drew1903 

Yeah, as i said before and as @HotCakeX mentioned, the SpeedTests, like from Ookla or any other, are regular and without problem...

The question is when i ONLY download something from Google Drive...

And as mentioned before, i already tested in another computer and works fine at my full speed on Edge and Edge Dev and Chrome. I see the problem only on main PC, BUT i already did any sort of reset and clean boot on my system, router, browser or everything you may think.

I think to solve this problem, the devs should look all the posts before making another assumptions that i already did before.

Hello

It is better to activate the option in "edge://flags/" mentioned above ?

Thanks

@tistou 

Well, maybe works for you. But for me the speed was the same with or without this option enabled.

@Deleted 

Ok, thanks 

I activated it I would see
I am a little "lost" with Canary which indicates the speed in ko/s (archaic) whereas with IE it is in mb/s.
And I find that IE is faster (DL and UL)

@Deleted 

Just why it's time wasting.