SOLVED

Disappointed with Removal of Horizontal Scroll Bar in MS Edge 80.0.361.111

Copper Contributor

Hello all. I just agreed to accept and download the Edge Update for Version 80.0.361.111. Why? Because there is no longer a convenient horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the screen. Instead, I now must raise my hand off my mouse, to use my Touch-Screen, of my laptop. I am glad I at least have a touch screen. I do not use my touch-pad - as my wrist can not utilize that function. If I new this shortcoming in advance, I would not have chosen to "upgrade" to this version of Microsoft Edge. I would like to know if there IS a way to bring it back, back according to your website, the horizontal scroll bar is gone for good. You may get back to me if you like:   markos1268@gmail.com

8 Replies

Hi there, welcome to the Microsoft Tech Community.

You can also report this problem in the send feedback(Alt+Shift+I) option of Microsoft Edge.

If you want, you can go to the earlier(Legacy) version of Edge by uninstalling the Edge Chromium in settings till the Windows update for the New Edge Chromium is deployed.

best response confirmed by MarkSimon (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MarkSimon 

Hi,

which website is missing that horizontal scrollbar? I can see the scrollbar on Edge on websites that provide it (very few need it). most of the contents are naturally vertical but which website do you use that requires horizontal scrolling?

Thank you very much for your feedback! That is much appreciated! @TheShaunSaw 

Hello @HotCakeX .  I feel so stupid. I understand what you are saying. That does make sense to me now. Thank you very much for your quick response. Have a good day, - Markos.

You're very welcome, have a good one! :)
ALl of them. I Never see the Horizontal scroll bar.
It is Critical for my work in doing grading on CANVAS.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MarkSimon (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MarkSimon 

Hi,

which website is missing that horizontal scrollbar? I can see the scrollbar on Edge on websites that provide it (very few need it). most of the contents are naturally vertical but which website do you use that requires horizontal scrolling?

View solution in original post