Dev channel update to 92.0.873.1 is live

Microsoft

UPDATE 5/5:  Since this week's Dev build isn't that far off from last week's, there's not that much that's new to talk about, so we won't be posting new Dev release notes this week.  In the meantime though, we'd love to get your opinion about how you'd prefer the pinning behavior of the Favorites and Collections popups to work:  https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/surveys/survey-pane-persistence-feedback-for-favorites-and-co....  

Hello Insiders!  Today we’re releasing build 92.0.873.1 to the Dev channel.  As you can see, this is the first build from version 92, so there’s not too much to talk about.  We do have a preview of improvements we’re making to the Windows Task Manager though, and what Windows Insiders can look forward to in current builds:  https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/articles/microsoft-edge-windows-task-manager-improvements/m-p....  As for what’s new with the browser: 

Added features: 

• Enabled support for a management policy from Chromium to control if Shared Array Buffer Unrestricted Access is Allowed. 
  • Enabled support for a management policy from Chromium to control if Headless Mode is Enabled. 

Improved reliability: 

• Fixed an issue where certain websites randomly crash. 
  • Fixed a crash when playing certain videos. 
  • Fixed a crash when sending feedback. 
  • Fixed an issue where opening a management popup like History multiple times via the keyboard shortcut sometimes opens the popup multiple times or crashes the browser. 
  • Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes is broken and can’t navigate anywhere if multiple separate user accounts are logged into the device simultaneously. 
  • Fixed an issue where using Web Capture or Smart Copy sometimes crashes the browser. 
  • Fixed an issue where using controls like dropdown menus on webpages sometimes crashes them. 

Changed behavior: 

• Fixed an issue where the setting and the management policy to disable the password reveal button in password fields on webpages doesn’t work. 
  • Fixed an issue where the management policy to Go To Intranet Site For Single Word Entry In Address Bar doesn’t work. 
  • Fixed an issue where changes to saved passwords sometimes don’t sync. 
  • Fixed an issue where notes or comments in Collections don’t sync alongside the rest of the content. 
  • Fixed an issue where opening favorites from the Favorites management page sometimes fails.   
  • Fixed an issue where the prompt to restore tabs after opening the browser unexpectedly appears. 
  • Fixed an issue where selecting all text in a PDF sometimes doesn’t actually select all text. 
  • Fixed an issue where the Vertical Tabs pane sometimes doesn’t collapse. 
  • Fixed an issue where importing data from another browser sometimes misses some things. 
  • Fixed an issue where favicons in the Windows taskbar preview thumbnails that appear when you hover over a window icon on the taskbar sometimes aren’t correct. 
  • Fixed an issue where clicking on Taskbar shortcuts of pinned websites or websites installed as apps sometimes opens a window with a separate Taskbar icon instead of attaching the window to the existing one. 
  • Fixed an issue where Math Helper sometimes fails to load. 
  • Fixed an issue where the Web Widget is sometimes blank or black. 
  • Fixed an issue where Sleeping Tabs that aren’t supposed to be discarded sometimes are anyway. 
  • Fixed an issue where the back/forward navigation buttons sometimes don’t work in Kids mode. 
  • Fixed an issue with exiting Kids Mode when the prompt to ask before closing the browser if multiple tabs are open is enabled in Settings. 

Known issues: 

• Certain extensions such as the Microsoft Editor extension don’t work on Linux.  As soon as they’re installed, they crash and are disabled.  We’re currently investigating. 
  • Users of certain ad blocking extensions may experience playback errors on Youtube.  As a workaround, temporarily disabling the extension should allow playback to proceed.  See this help article for more details. 
  • Some users are still running into an issue where all tabs and extensions immediately crash with a STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error.  The most common cause of this error is outdated security or antivirus software from vendors like Symantec, and in those cases, updating that software will fix it. 
  • Users of the Kaspersky Internet Suite who have the associated extension installed may sometimes see webpages like Gmail fail to load.  This failure is due to the main Kaspersky software being out of date, and is thus fixed by making sure the latest version is installed. 
  • Some users are still seeing favorites get duplicated.  This issue should be reduced now that automatic deduplication has been introduced into Insider channels, but we’re still rolling that out in Stable.  We’ve also seen duplication happen when running the manual deduplicator on multiple machines before either machine has a chance to fully sync its changes, so make sure to leave plenty of time in between runs of the deduplicator. 
  • Some users are seeing “wobbling” behavior when scrolling using trackpad gestures or touchscreens, where scrolling in one dimension also causes the page to subtly scroll back and forth in the other.  Note that this only affects certain websites and seems to be worse on certain devices.  This is most likely related to our ongoing work to bring scrolling back to parity with Edge Legacy’s behavior, so if this behavior is undesirable, you can temporarily turn it off by disabling the edge://flags/#edge-experimental-scrolling flag. 

Since this is the first build of 92, that means version 91 is also set to go to Beta! 

43 Replies
Controls on the picture in picture video window doesn't work in the latest build of Edge Dev.

@
Never mind, it fixed itself somehow.
Move along, nothing to see here ;)

It is broken. Youtube crashes the browser after a minute of playback. Edge process is filling up one of the CPU cores and it is completely frozen. (have to kill the process from task manager.
I have been having the same problem @Yoneff.
First off, I would like to tell you to submit this to the feedback button in the toolbar as Microsoft Reads those more frequently and takes them more seriously.

Second I agree with you on this, but I never used Firefox and am not a big fan of Chrome. I know what you mean, as I've seen others having the same issue.

Lastly, what is it that you exactly want? Do you want an extra row of extensions similar to favorites but specifically for extensions because I think that would be cool.
https://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/engines/pdf/manuals/31ZG8611.pdf

This link is the only PDF that I've reported to Microsoft that I could find that is broken and they have never responded. Does anyone know what is happening with this PDF? Could this be because of the new features that allow you to allow PDFs to remember where you are so when you reopen the same PDF it lets you go back to that spot?
about 2/3 of PDFs I try only open the first page. This started just a few builds ago. https://static.qobuz.com/goodies/93/000118839.pdf
for example.
I have same problem with PDFs

@joshbodner
Could you please update us all on which decision the Edge development team has taken with regards to all the feedback about the implementation of the Extensions menu?

Whether they take the feedback into account (many here hope they do), or whether they have decided to leave things are they are (many hope not), either way please inform us about the decision, so that we can move on?

Leaving us in limbo about this (important to many) topic is the least desirable state of things.

Thanks for considering this.

Why is this happening. Is this due the pick up where you left off and smooth scrolling features that are comming to Edge.

@dragonofmercy_ is this crash still happening in the latest Dev update?  I've tried on some sample pages in Canary and can't reproduce the crash.  

@elkropac does it work in the latest Dev update?  

@RobWuijster in case you haven't seen it yet, we've updated our mobile Insider builds to, well, exist!  For example, Android users can find Dev at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.emmx.dev.  

@Yoneff we made one fix for this Youtube issue in the latest Dev update, but we know there's still another cause.  It has to do with what encoding Youtube is using for the video, for example VP9 vs AV1.  

@eddiezato if you haven't yet, can you submit this via the feedback button so we can create a bug for this if there isn't one yet?  

@gospodin_dimitrov we do have the prompt to ask before closing windows with multiple tabs, but it's turned off by default, so you have to turn it on in Settings.  

@Mapantz is it possible this is just a language issue?  Like, if you switch to a different language, does anything change?  

i'm on 92.0.878.0 and copy&paste from keepass works again, thanks
color me surprised :)
I am running the 'regular' Edge from the Play Store, but in beta mode afaik.
Will pick up the Dev build on my phone and tablet to 'sync up' with all my versions on PC and Surface.

cheers!