Dev channel update to 77.0.189.3 is live

Microsoft

Hello insiders! Today we released build 77.0.189.3 to the Microsoft Edge Dev Channel.  As you can see, we’ve moved on to version 77, and as such, there are some fun new things to try out.  Those new things, as well as the fixes we believe are significant enough to mention this week, include: 

New features and behavior:

• Added a page in Settings to choose your desired New Tab Page layout.
  • Added an option in the Help and Feedback menu to report an unsafe website.
  • Multiple tabs can now be selected using the keyboard’s ctrl and space keys.
  • Added dark theme to the Send Feedback dialog.
  • Added a separator between the active tab and the rest of the tabs when the color of the tab band makes it difficult to tell the difference between the active tab and the rest of the tabs.
  • Updated the color of windows when they’re inactive.

Fixes for improved reliability:

• Fixed an issue where opening Settings as a guest crashes the browser.
  • Fixed an issue where opening DevTools in InPrivate sometimes crashes the browser.
  • Fixed an issue where the loading spinner and the tab icon existed at the same time.
  • Fixed a crash when using Read Aloud.
  • Fixed an issue where certain webpages with videos would crash.
  • Fixed an issue where favorites sometimes get deleted if the first run experience is interrupted.
  • Fixed some strings that weren’t translated.
  • Fixed an issue where installed websites can’t be uninstalled from Windows Settings.
  • Fixed an issue where DevTools extensions weren’t appearing in the list of DevTools extensions.
  • Fixed an issue where sync sometimes wouldn’t work when using a VPN.
  • Fixed an issue where files shown on the downloads page used a generic icon instead of the file’s own icon.

Mac-only changes:

• Fixed an issue where clicking the Restart App button when installing an update doesn’t open the browser again.
  • Fixed an issue where context menus sometimes aren’t shown.
  • Fixed an issue where the text for the keyboard shortcut to open Downloads is different depending on where it is seen.
  • Fixed an issue where the prompt to enter keychain credentials is unexpectedly seen after installing a new build.

As always, thanks for being an insider, and keep sending us all of your valuable feedback and suggestions! 

45 Replies

@josh_bodner Hi

Do anyone have any estimate on when AAD signin and the full sync experience will come?

Nice work, this is already the best browser on the marked!

Regards Lars

@josh_bodner Seems as though the LastPass plugn in still is not working.  As it has in the past, authentication fails on a Windows 10 1809 machine whereas on a Mac, it works fine.

Oh, something new this morning, that was "not" there yesterday....  

@josh_bodner 189.3 build.jpg

189.3 build 2.jpg

Also, Edge CAN now has all of them that were available once again...

Dennis5mile

Thanks for the update! Are there any plans to implement the Books feature? @josh_bodner 

@josh_bodner 

Just wanted to point out some issues I've been experiencing. I've been having recurring issues on video playing sites mainly Netflix. Generally, it would run and load significantly slower than usual comparing to old Edge. 

Issues:
Video playback would freeze after pause/play. (doesn't feel as snappy as old edge)

The page would crash when loading video.

Everyone knows that the canary channel is available to Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 now, but I'm using the latest Dev build on Windows 8.1! It's working without any problem! I think it's about time to put the Dev channel on Windows 8.1, because it's working perfectly on my Windows 8.1 device. 

Hi @josh_bodner , I have noticed that Read Aloud isn't working on Reading Mode, is that an expected behavior?

Just as an aside, would suggest updating the 1809 to 1903.

Cheers,
Drew
No. The understanding is that, although, RV is bare-bones now, its Features and Tools are coming. And they may not show up all at once. But, in theory, all will be in by the time Edge C is GA.

Cheers,
Drew
Dev can always be expected to be the more stable, refined and polished of the 2 branches.

Cheers,
Drew

@josh_bodner Crashing after launch after this update.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
  <Level>4</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-06-20T16:36:46.583212100Z" />
  <EventRecordID>74673</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>jaosobne-pc</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>

- <EventData>
  <Data />
  <Data>0</Data>
  <Data>crashpad_exp</Data>
  <Data>Není k dispozici.</Data>
  <Data>0</Data>
  <Data>msedge.exe</Data>
  <Data>77.0.189.3</Data>
  <Data>msedge.dll</Data>
  <Data>77.0.189.3</Data>
  <Data>1016033</Data>
  <Data>browser</Data>
  <Data>0x80000003</Data>
  <Data>0</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  <Data>\\?\C:\Users\vlast\AppData\Local\Temp\2a64c358-2865-4b89-81a6-27babc447402_crashinfo.txt \\?\C:\Users\vlast\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge Dev\User Data\Crashpad\reports\2a64c358-2865-4b89-81a6-27babc447402.dmp</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  <Data>0</Data>
  <Data>8f6d176f-d541-4ceb-8ab3-f9b3b8113733</Data>
  <Data>268697600</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data>0</Data>
  </EventData>

</Event>

Hi @josh_bodner Could you please consider adding a second row to the "frequent visited pages" in the empty tab? I do really use that a lot in firefox.

thx!

@josh_bodner

I'd just like to compliment you and your team on one aspect of your Dark Mode that I don't think I've seen any other browser get right before: skinning the page loading screen! Every other browser I've seen has a bright white page loading screen, even in dark mode, but this one has a gray to match the rest of the theme!

@josh_bodner I am LOVING this EDGE CHROMIUM browser, however I am still waiting for that Active X integration so I dont have to use the old explorer just for some SharePoint functions. How about it guys can you integrate it or maybe change the SharePoint features to use some JS or HTML 5 magic to get us on track?

Still no "Share this page" icon.
Is this impossible in Edge Dev? It was very useful in traditional Edge

I've uninstalled the Edge Chromuim because, My favorites pages were not fully imported and I hated that.
Please Fix it in the next update@josh_bodner 

@josh_bodner 

"awe man, I was hoping you would have included the "show ions only" for the favorites bar with this update.. Ah well, maybe next update..."

I really, really want this too. The sooner, the better. 

I don`t really that it is a feature or not but whenever i open a web page in new tab either by using scroll button or open in a new tab option, a tab group group is being automatically created irrespective of my consent. I would really hope if this changes in future builds. It is rather annoying for me this whole tab group thing.

And really loving to the edge`s team effort to bring the best of web experience to us. Would love to see fluent design elements in future builds. and the new PDF reader does n`t abide by theme settings of Edge. It is still white irrespective of theme

@josh_bodner 

@Paul Demmitt @josh_bodner 

Show icons only DOES, now, exist. Does each Fav individually. Rt Clk on each & ✔ or un✔; some may have similar icons & the tag will be wanted.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@lovelotey1600 @josh_bodner 

Silly me, I can't decipher which of you has the New tab issue 🤨:thinking_face:  Whoever it is, please, provide a snip of what you are seeing with New tab.  Thanks. Whether New tab is opening a new browser window OR being opened in an existing window of tabs, all you should have is that ONE page.  What you are describing doesn't sound like any "Feature" you should have.  Anxious to see snip.  Anxious to know which of you is the OP, lol. 

Please, keep reporting the PDF behavior to Feedback.  This may be similar to Reading view... having things, but, (as yet) without their Features & Tools 🤷‍:male_sign:.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg