Dev channel update to 76.0.167.1 is live

Microsoft

Update: At 8:00 AM Redmond time on May 24 we released build 76.0.167.1 to the Dev channel. This build contains all of the fixes and improvements in 76.0.167.0, and a fix for the bug which caused it not to launch. 

Hello insiders, today we released build 76.0.167.0 to the Dev channel. Some significant changes worth your attention include:

• The built-in translator has now rolled out to everyone. We’d appreciate it if you’d let us know how it works on your sites in your language. Just use the send feedback smiley button.
  • Dark mode, which many of you have enabled manually via a configuration flag, is now on by default for everyone. To see Microsoft Edge in dark mode, you will need to change your Windows or macOS system settings.
  • Keyword search for the address bar is now enabled. When you begin to type the “keyword” for a search engine into the address bar, you will be reminded that you can press tab to search using that engine. You can also type the entire keyword and press space to enter keyword search mode. If you continue typing and press enter, you will navigate directly to search results for that search engine. You may also see search suggestions from that engine as you type. Keyword search is available for all search engines you install or which are automatically detected for you as you browse. To manage search engines, open Settings, then Privacy and services, then Address bar, then Manage search engines. Here you can add or delete search engines AND customize the keyword used for them.

Some other improvements:

• Added a “Close Microsoft Edge” option in the “Settings and more” menu
  • Improved dark theme support in Browser Task Manager
  • You can now tab to address bar icons which indicate blocked site permissions
  • Apps now appear in the same order on the apps menu and the apps page
  • Updated the keyboard focus rectangle so that it’s more clearly visible

Some of the bug fixes in this release include:

• Fixed an issue that was causing high CPU usage while the browser was idle.
  • Fixed an issue where extensions couldn’t alter video playback speed.
  • On the download page, individual download cards no longer change height as you tab through them.
  • Removed the “Unknown” option from the language dropdown menu in the translator
  • Fixed an issue where encrypted video only appears as a black screen.
  • Fixed an issue where clicking on menu items sometimes doesn’t do anything.
  • Fixed a crash when enabling sync.
  • Fixed a crash during the first run experience.
  • Fixed an issue where the Settings page crashes due to a corrupted user profile.
  • Fixed a crash when opening Settings while in a guest browsing session

As always, thanks for being an insider and keep that feedback coming.

66 Replies

@David Rubino Please make sure that Pin to Desktop is an option in the new Edge! It is very handy and in the original Edge I am frequently using the "Open in Internet Explorer" just so I can use the "Create Shortcut" option to save a shortcut to the website on my desktop. I don't care for the Pin to Taskbar option but if others want it, that's fine to have it. Just be sure to also have Pin to Desktop.

@David Rubino 

the youtube work only in the old design

how can i fix this problem, they tel me u have to instal google chrome

تعليق توضيحي 2019-05-28 205803.jpg

تعليق توضيحي 2019-05-28 210036.jpg

@moghaazi 

I see the same thing. Works normal on my backup browser (Vivaldi)

@David Rubino This latest Dev update has caused an issue with a website I frequently use. I am an iRacing member and use their website to race on their service, however with this latest Dev update, that website no longer loads. It shows an error "This page is having a problem, Try coming back to it later.". I don't know/remember what exactly the webpages uses, I want to say it's Adobe Flash though. The iRacing home page (https://www.iracing.com/) will work just fine, but upon signing in and heading to the member home page is when the problem occurs. The webpage URL where it breaks is https://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/Home.do where I believe it potentially uses Javascript as well. Just felt I should include this as a potential bug if this occurs on other similar pages. If any further information is needed, please let me know!

@moghaazi Same problem here. Youtube was working fine yesterday and today it only works with the old layout. WTF?

@RonDamon wrote:

@moghaazi Same problem here. Youtube was working fine yesterday and today it only works with the old layout. WTF?

@RonDamon Google has blocked Edge Dev from using the new format site of YouTube. Jealous I guess.

I think those "features" must be optional as an add-on.

This have many advantages:
- Edge can be lighter and faster, remember that many likes this new Edge because is like Chrome but without all that makes that heavier and memory eater.

- Prevent to possible Antitrust sanction from Europe Union with allegations that "MS wants to impose its translation engine to users"

@David Rubino