Dev channel update to 76.0.167.1 is live

Microsoft

Update: At 8:00 AM Redmond time on May 24 we released build 76.0.167.1 to the Dev channel. This build contains all of the fixes and improvements in 76.0.167.0, and a fix for the bug which caused it not to launch. 

Hello insiders, today we released build 76.0.167.0 to the Dev channel. Some significant changes worth your attention include:

• The built-in translator has now rolled out to everyone. We’d appreciate it if you’d let us know how it works on your sites in your language. Just use the send feedback smiley button.
  • Dark mode, which many of you have enabled manually via a configuration flag, is now on by default for everyone. To see Microsoft Edge in dark mode, you will need to change your Windows or macOS system settings.
  • Keyword search for the address bar is now enabled. When you begin to type the “keyword” for a search engine into the address bar, you will be reminded that you can press tab to search using that engine. You can also type the entire keyword and press space to enter keyword search mode. If you continue typing and press enter, you will navigate directly to search results for that search engine. You may also see search suggestions from that engine as you type. Keyword search is available for all search engines you install or which are automatically detected for you as you browse. To manage search engines, open Settings, then Privacy and services, then Address bar, then Manage search engines. Here you can add or delete search engines AND customize the keyword used for them.

Some other improvements:

• Added a “Close Microsoft Edge” option in the “Settings and more” menu
  • Improved dark theme support in Browser Task Manager
  • You can now tab to address bar icons which indicate blocked site permissions
  • Apps now appear in the same order on the apps menu and the apps page
  • Updated the keyboard focus rectangle so that it’s more clearly visible

Some of the bug fixes in this release include:

• Fixed an issue that was causing high CPU usage while the browser was idle.
  • Fixed an issue where extensions couldn’t alter video playback speed.
  • On the download page, individual download cards no longer change height as you tab through them.
  • Removed the “Unknown” option from the language dropdown menu in the translator
  • Fixed an issue where encrypted video only appears as a black screen.
  • Fixed an issue where clicking on menu items sometimes doesn’t do anything.
  • Fixed a crash when enabling sync.
  • Fixed a crash during the first run experience.
  • Fixed an issue where the Settings page crashes due to a corrupted user profile.
  • Fixed a crash when opening Settings while in a guest browsing session

As always, thanks for being an insider and keep that feedback coming.

66 Replies

It seems like the settings menu now works for pen and touch.  Thanks for fixing that!

Unfortunately, I still can't drag the window around with my stylus :(

@David Rubino 

Hello.
my name is philumax and I am new here.
I am French and I learned English by doing computer science, which, you will agree, is far from enough, to speak on forums using a language other than French.
so, to answer, I use the Google translate application, for lack of a translator, on the EDGE beta!
I also installed, the extension google translate.
I read that there must be a translator, but I, who just turned on my computer, I did not see a translator on the beta.
I have this version (copy-paste): 76.0.167.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit).
I also give my opinion on this version of EDGE: it seems, you put a turbo in the engine ... it does not bother me at all and even it is very appreciable!
to be honest, it was missing. I met some incompatibilities, with EDGE non Chomium, then with EDGE dev, I returned: apparently, there is more incompatibility. however, having contacted the sites concerned, I am not sure that this better to go is due only to EDGE dev.
I use logitech hardware (keyboard mouse) and therefore their drivers.
today and exceptionally, I disabled hyperthreading, to do some tests.
if it helps ...
thank you.
see you.

@David Rubino Hi, these comments need a date and time stamp. Some comments refer to 76.0.167.0 but do not say so. Can't tell which comments are old and which relate to the new 76.0.167.1.

Thanks for considering.

Tim

Nice to see all the improvements in this browser. I'm enjoying using it more and more.

Any chance of adding an option of "Open this page in Internet Explorer" like in the original Edge?

Translate isn't working at all here. I'm using 2 languages (since I also speak Spanish, it's my native language), but things written in French, for example, simply don't trigger the translate feature. Using the Dev channel.

I recently got a new 32" UHD screen for myself. I never used dark mode in Windows anywhere. But with this new screen I started using it.

Therefore i especially love the dark mode in Edge. Especially the ability to use "prefers-color-scheme: dark", which Chrome for example does not use yet.

Too bad not many websites utilizing this feature yet.

@David Rubino dark mode is lovely except one little thing: the tabs separations are unclear. make it more evidently separated, increase the contrast there. in classic edge dark theme is ok and tabs are clearly visible and separated

This update breaks the ability to scroll using touchpad on my pc. Scrolling is always too fast even when I'm going slow.

bing translator is awful,useless

@David Rubino  - Translation feature is not visible even though i got the latest updated and restarted the browser

Not seeing the translation option anywhere (have the latest version, tried Spanish and Hebrew)

@bloozman 

Hey, everyone, I found it :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes: Say you go to a non-English site or article... if you Left Clk on the gear icon that's to the right of your avatar, it produces a window offering other languages.  Select the one you want it to be.

It is not obvious.  I was looking for its own icon in the address bar, the same as Edge.  But, since it's not an extension...  Anyway, it's the gear.

Translate2.jpg
Translate.jpg

BUT:
The Translation 'tool' is being a wee bit screwy, to say the least... I tried it on a few different pages/articles. An example: Start with this https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/finance/other/notre-dame-lyon-renonce-%c3%a0-verser-200000-euros-daide/ar-.... Translate it to Canada (English) and it goes to https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money. Obviously that needs fixing badly & immediately. This is quite serious!

I have reported this ⬆.  If you have the same type of behavior, report it, yourself, also, of course.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@David Rubino 

David,

Don't forget, still, need to remove that ridiculous Pin to desktop & give us Pin to taskbar!  And some Folks want Pin to start, as well.

And, when Reading view arrives (it's "Coming soon"), do not forget its tools!  I only mention this because, the RV available, now, via 'flags' does not have the RV tools.

Also, in "Coming soon", do not see Set aside, Add notes or Share.  These things MUST be coming VERY soon, also or there will be a mutiny.  These things are extreme;y important & wanted by most everyone. It may be worrisome to many Folks that they are not listed in "Coming soon".

These ⬆ are items that Edge has that cannot be omitted from Edge C!  It's not a discussion thing just, an absolute reality.

Translator is seemingly 'broken'.  Instead of translating a page, it sends one to a completely different page, albeit in the specified different language.  I have reported this; looks like a serious bug.

But, it is cool progress that Translator & Dark Mode are integrated. Will be even better when Translator works right.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 yes, we need tip to taskbar feature

@O_hip @David Rubino 

I am on 76.0.167.1

I was away since Friday & it updated to it when I was back to things earlier this evening. It went, I think, from 159, maybe it was, to 167.1

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Dennis5mile @David Rubino 

I am on 76.0.167.1

I was away since Friday. When I was back to things earlier this evening it updated to it from, I think maybe it was 159.  Anyway, went through the process fine & is working fine ever since.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Kenneth Brown 

Why isn't what I write saving when I hit Post, I wonder...

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Dennis5mile @David Rubino @Elliot Kirk @Kenneth Brown
@O_hip

I am on 76.0.167.1

I was away since Friday.  When it was back to things earlier this evening, it updated straight away to it from, I think it was 159.  Update process went fine & running fine ever since.

Cheers,
Drew 
thVY64FD02.jpg

@DarkEchoes 

Mine is fine

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903  Translation now available for me on right click as well, but failing to actually translate (Hebrew)