Dev channel update to 75.0.139.1 is live

Microsoft

Today we released build 75.0.139.1 to the Dev channel. Updates will happen automatically, but if you want to update immediately just go to the Settings and more menu, and choose Help and feedback > About Microsoft Edge. This will start an update check automatically.

This build contains a number of improvements which have appeared in Canary throughout the week. Here is the first of what will be weekly change summaries that we will release when the Dev channel updates:

New features and functionality

• Microsoft Edge Insider Channels will now install to Windows 10 32-bit devices. Just visit www.microsoftedgeinsider.com from your device and follow the usual installation steps.
  • More natural sounding voices are now available for the Read Aloud feature, and exposed via the JavaScript Speech Synthesis API

Bug fixes and improvements

• The animated spinner that displays on the About page when checking for updates is no longer scaled improperly
  • After importing favorites from Internet Explorer, the favorites bar folder will be properly named “Favorites bar” instead of “Links”
  • A confirmation prompt will now appear when deleting multiple history items
  • The “Show in folder” option will now work when a download is in the middle of virus scanning
  • Fixed a crash on pressing CTRL+SHIFT+M in inPrivate mode
  • Fixed a poorly rendered animation when viewing “See all cookies and site data” under site permissions
  • Fixed a bug where Microsoft Account credentials were not inherited from Windows 10 until after the first launch

This list is just a first step toward improving our communication about what is changing in the Insider channels. Since our initial release, one message we’ve heard clearly is that you want better communication about these changes. Your feedback has prompted us to investigate the best way to get that information to you on a regular basis. For now you will continue to see this short change summary. You will also see content on the “welcome” page that appears when the Dev channel is updated that highlights new functionality, Microsoft Edge news, and other topics of interest to the community. Meanwhile, we are working toward giving you a more detailed view into what’s happening. If you have thoughts about what you’d like to see, please discuss in this thread. We want to make sure what we deliver will meet your expectations.

Thanks for being a Microsoft Edge Insider, and see you next week.

-David

35 Replies

@David Rubino 

Thanks for this. There's one part missing, though - Known issues. There must be plenty of them, so it would save a lot of feedback if you listed things you already know about.

All seems to be working well so far, keep up the good work and thankyou.
Andrew.

@David Rubino The new password manager is a nice improvement over the old Edge.  But it would be great if there was a button to automatically create passwords and also if there was an option to autofill a password or fill it by logging into the password manager the way good password manager apps work.  I am trying to use this completely but until you add a bit more functionality I will probably keep using a third-party password manager.  Keychain on Apple works great with one exception, they do not allow you to choose whether you want passwords to automatically fill and keep you logged in.  

@David Rubino 

Thank you for the changelog. I have been going insane trying to find it, so I'm glad it's here now.

@David Rubino When can i get the mouse gestures plugin in edge insider addons store? The plugin for EdgeHTML Edge is the best browser gesture plugin, will very very happy to see it work on Chromium Edge

@Jason_Han 

Hi Jason,

I'm not David (LOL) & cannot tell you when Mouse Gestures will be in the MS Store for Edge C. I wish it was there, too.  It's something I used all the time since forever.  However, in the meantime, there is one in the Chrome store.  I've been using that, for the time being.  Just thought I'd let you know about it. Oh & BTW, I had to Add (make, create) one, myself, for Open new tab; it didn't/doesn't have a gesture for that; but, you can design addition ones, yourself, to those it offers out-of-the-box.  If you want, you can check into it HERE

MGs.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@David Rubino Thanks for the update.

Will we be able to also import the other favorite folders and link and reading lists?  They are sorely missed...

@xKeiro That screenshot looks great. It would actually be nice if we could auto-hide the taskbar at the top, similar to how the ribbon works in Office. Would have thought there'd be an extension for this, but it turns out the API is too limiting.

@David Rubino 

Appreciate your hard work. I really would like it if you would stop us having to login when we check

for passwords for  every 5; Chrome doesn't do that and it's aggravating because i like to check on

lots when i'm there. One other thing, i can tell you are trying to clean up this new version, but

sidebars are very useful and i hate using the taskbar for everything.

I would love a way to get these emailed directly to me or notify me in browser or Windows when a new one is posted without having to go and search for it!

Yes, it can be difficult to find and follow conversations in here. Sometimes might reply but give up trying to find the OP. Or something is said but can't be tied to what came before it. Occasionally, have had to ask, "What's the topic, what was the question or remark?"

Cheers,
Drew

Sent from Windows Phone

@indospot Sorry to hear that you are running into issues with sync. What is the issue you are facing? Can you please submit feedback using the in-app feedback channel? That will enable us to diagnose this issue further.

@akhator I have submitted feedback as you requested. But you can also read a little more about what other users are saying here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Build-75-0-137-0-says-it-can-t-sync/m-p/481482

@David Rubino 

In the actual canary 82.0.439.0 all natural languages are gone, e.g. German Katja, except US.

When we will get them back?