Dev Channel update to 112.0.1722.7 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Dev is back on its regular release schedule with today’s build 112.0.1722.7, which includes a variety of fixes, new features, new API, and new policies. For more details on the changes, check out the highlights below.

Video super resolution in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog

Added features:  

• Added Pin tab group feature to persist tab group between browser sessions.
  • Added automatic profile switching when clicking on a Workspace join link.
  • Added auto name suggestion on Tab Group (English only right now).
  • Added Video Smart Explorer.
  • Android:
    • Ad blocker now works on videos with a long press.
  • WebView2:
    • Added experimental Custom Data Partition API.
    • Added experimental CookieManager API.
    • Added experimental Profile.Delete API.
    • Added Experimental Launching External URI Scheme API.
  • Enterprise:
    • New policy: (Note: Updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet)
      • Added policy to disable Read Aloud on Android.
      • Added policy to disable the Translate button in the Immersive Reader on Android.
      • Added policy to disable Drop on Mobile.
      • Added policy to disable the browser developer options on Android.
      • Added policy to disable Read Aloud on iOS.
      • Added policy to disable Translate on iOS.

Improved reliability:  

• Fixed browser crash related to Math Solver.
  • Fixed browser crash when closing the Sidebar Pane.
  • Fixed browser crash when using the Search Sidebar in certain scenarios.
  • Fixed browser crash when adding a site to the Sidebar from Top sites.
  • Fixed browser crash when sending feedback.
  • Fixed browser crash due to certain rendered images.
  • Fixed browser crash when using Search from Mini Menu.
  • Fixed browser crash when moving a favorite to another folder.
  • macOS:
    • Fixed browser crash related to Sidebar.
  • iOS:
    • Fixed browser crash when launching it on iPad.
    • Fixed browser crash related to Adblock.
  • Android:
    • Fixed browser crash when adding a new tab in certain scenarios.
    • Fixed browser crash when tapping on the Read Aloud button on certain devices.
    • Fixed browser crash when closing InPrivate tab in certain scenarios.
    • Fixed browser crash when opening tabs on Microsoft Duo.
    • Fixed browser crash when downloading files to external storage.
  • Enterprise:
    • Fixed browser crash when visiting portal.azure.com with MSA profile on Android.
    • Fixed browser crash on Android when updating managed favorites.
    • Fixed browser crash related to managed favorites on iOS.
    • Fixed browser crash related to AutomaticHttpsDefault policy.

Changed behavior: 

• Fixed media playback issue on Windows ARM devices.
  • Fixed Restore window from Workspace not restoring recently closed Workspace window.
  • Fixed favorites not working after selecting Move all tabs to a new workspace option.
  • Fixed website opening twice from Collection when using the middle mouse button.
  • Fixed Couldn’t load plugin error message when Always download PDF files enabled.
  • Fixed blank Favorites Bar when switched from Always to Only on new tabs.
  • Fixed displaying Restart Workspace dialog when opening a particular Workspace.
  • Fixed icons on Sidebar not loading.
  • Fixed files in the User Data folder taking up storage space.
  • Fixed Collection not displaying thumbnails.
  • Fixed export favorites not working correctly.
  • macOS:
    • Fixed blank System & Performance setting page.
    • Fixed Search in Settings not displaying results.
    • Fixed not being able to click in the upper right corner area of a webpage after closing a Sidebar pane.
  • iOS:
    • Fixed unable to send files via Drop from iOS Share.
    • Fixed Read Aloud not working in Immersive Reader.
  • Android:
    • Fixed the number on the tab icon not displaying correctly in certain scenarios.
    • Fixed custom wallpaper is not fully cover on the New Tab Page on Android tablets.
    • Fixed the Done button not working in Tabs page.
    • Fixed Read Aloud toolbar missing after changing the Appearance setting.
  • WebView2:
    • Fixed ExecuteScripts on HostObject not returning results (#2977)
    • Fixed cannot publish a UWP app in the Microsoft Store (#2901)
    • Fixed PrintToPdfAsync does not create any content for a PDF page. (#1938)
    • Fixed PrintAsync prints blank page (#3007)
    • Fixed background requests (#2671)
    • Fixed custom schemes not working for post requests. (#1825)
    • SmartScreen API has now been promoted from the experimental stage to public. (#834)
  • Enterprise:
    • Fixed lost favorites sync issue with Intune MDM enrolled Android devices.
    • Fixed the "We've encountered an issue verifying your account" issue on iOS.
    • Improved timing on receiving the latest App Proxy configuration on iOS.
    • Fixed slow loading login.microsoftonline.com on macOS.
    • Fixed ICS file displays raw text when clicking add to Calendar on iOS when MAM is applied.
    • Fixed Automatically save passwords setting UI not grayed out when PasswordManagerEnbaled policy is set to disable.

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

57 Replies
you may have fixed these, but the collections button is still not displayed on the toolbar. i've disabled, enabled multiple times. it does not display.
Fixed website opening twice from Collection when using the middle mouse button
Fixed Collection not displaying thumbnails.
After the recent update, disabling the 'Microsoft Edge rounded corners' and few other features are not working.

Version 112.0.1722.7 dev (64 bit)

Why 'always open favourites in a new tab' is  still not returned

@Eric_E 

What is "video smart explorer"? Nothing in the FAQ about this. When I ask the new edge search about this I get back "I’m sorry, but I couldn’t find any specific information about a feature called “Video Smart Explorer” in Microsoft Edge browser. Could you please provide more details or context about this feature?"
Is split view dead?

"Microsoft Edge rounded corners" flag not working after the new update of 112.0.1722.7 and few other features. Before introducing new features, disable or give an option to remove the ugly rounded web pages. It just looks pathetic to work in EDGE, with such rounded corners. Fix it soon.
@Eric_E  

'Microsoft Edge rounded corners' is not working again. Please fix it, rounded corners are just awful

wow and thanks microsoft!

@Eric_E Hello Edge team, can we have an open discussion about the visuals and the flags that control the new visuals, and the team's intention behind these changes and what are the plans for future releases?

Non of the three UI related flags that disables these new features are working anymore
edge://flags#edge-minimal-toolbar
edge://flags#edge-rounded-containers
edge://flags#edge-visual-rejuv-rounded-tabs

Nowhere in your notes are there words about the changes of the flag usages, if rendering the flags useless was not a bug but done on purpose then I hope at least it gets communicated instead of forcing them down your users' throat like this. Depending on how the Edge team is going to approach the issues brought by the new visuals people would be able to consider whether to switch browsers or to know better about the intentions behind these new visuals and help provide more useful feedback on how to better implement them.

A lot of people have already expressed their discontent with these new changes from previous updates and wanted options to turn them on or off. Doesn't matter how coherently good these look on Windows 11, the fact that these new visuals are not productivity helping is apparent to a lot of users out there, not to mention those who are still on Windows 10 or lower let alone people using other OSes the rounded style is also not very visually fitting. 

Please communicate more on this.

If you search the flags for 'split' you can enable it. Nice feature! @edger12 

Very useful. Missed it for few days.
Thanks for pointing out :)

If you don't mind, can you point out any interesting flags?

I feel like this version is quite bugged in some way with a few being seen by me. What I experienced for now is the show icon only for favourites is reset everytime the browser is opened.

@Eric_E Just updated it, liking it so far, but there is a couple of issues. The outright crash relating to Sidebar has been fixed, but it still can't be closed when in full-screen; only workaround is to come out of full screen then close it (MacOS). Also, I can confirm what everyone else is saying, the #edge-rounded-containers flag isn't working again - please fix this. I've attached screenshots of both problems.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 14.14.28.pngScreenshot 2023-03-15 at 14.17.40.png

@familieslife1 Actually never mind, the sidebar hasn't been fixed either - the browser still just flashes red then crashes when you try to quit with it open.

Porque vocês removeram a opção de tela dividida do edge? essa ferramenta era muito boa e me auxiliava muito na minha produtividade.
E a opção de abrir favoritos em uma nova guia ainda não está disponível
We apologize for the ongoing issue with the flags not functioning correctly. Our engineering team is actively working on a resolution, and we appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.

jateruy,
I totally agree with your comment concerning the three flags that you had posted in a previous browser update, I tried all three of the with this latest update and found them to be just as you stated: "None of the three UI related flags that disables these new features are working anymore"
edge://flags#edge-minimal-toolbar
edge://flags#edge-rounded-containers
edge://flags#edge-visual-rejuv-rounded-tabs
I'm still thankful that you were kind enough to share this information in the first place !

As of this morning (Weds. 03/22/23) these three flags are working again, in my case since I had left them in the experimental flags area I'm assuming the developers enabled them to function once again. Yeah ! :smile:

Our engineering team is currently investigating the issue and is fully aware of it. I appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this.
UGLY.Rounded.BORDERS\EDGES are back!

Please remove it entirely, if the fixes introduced the previous week are constantly overwritten by the "fixes" introduced next week.

Allow us at least to manage this "setting" in General Appearance options!