Dev Channel update to 111.0.1660.6 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Today, we are releasing build 111.0.1660.6 to the Dev channel for Windows and 111.0.1660.4 for macOS, which includes the new Bing copilot. For more details about the Bing copilot, check the blog post below.

Reinventing search with a new AI-powered Microsoft Bing and Edge, your copilot for the web - The Off...

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

64 Replies
Hi jateruy,
Thanks so much for posting these edge experiment settings, at least now my browser looks somewhat more normal again. I'm sure there are probably some users of the developer builds of ms edge chromium browser that might actually prefer the roundness of the items that these posted experimental flags eliminate, but I'm not a fan of any of them. I guess that's why those of us that actually are using the development builds of the browser are actually using it so we can check out new features.
I like new bing, I hope that people in the Chinese region can also use it
The appearance of Edge is excellent and is eye-catching for young people, and I hope you continue to work hard to do better

@Eric_E why is it not included in the Linux version?

Hola grupo, buenos días.Alguna flags para abrir favoritos en una nueva pestaña? muchas gracias.
Hi the5ilence,
I would have to agree with your statement, the main reason for installing a different version of the edge browser besides the 'stable' version is mainly for evaluation purposes as well as see what new features are being offered. I'm not going to make a public statement about the negative comments, other than to say that nobody forces us to install a different version of the edge browser other than the one that is included with the operating system.

afaik the button could only be disabled via group policy atm, try follow the guide from the link in my previous reply above.

@jateruy reg edits don't seem to be working to disable the discovery icon in Linux.  ;)

Like was stated in the other thread, this should be a user facing option/setting.  I typically don't like editing reg for something that should be a user setting.  Mostly because a new release of the app will render the reg edit irrelevant or in conflict and I forget to go back and remove he entry.  Also the policy is set by the company so it will likely reset with my next user session.  But, I tested it and it does remove the Discovery icon as promised.  For that I am grateful.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-policies#hubssidebarenabled

Top left
Thanks! When will this version (or any version that includes the new Bing) be available for Linux?

@Ed Sparks Upper-left corner.   It uses the same, personalized, icon as before.  

je viens installer la version sur DEV (Version 111.0.1660.12 (Version officielle) dev )
Just downloaded Edge Dev again to try it out and I have to say that this new redesign has only got me half-happy. I actually like the new Bing button, it doesn't bother me because I have a decently full toolbar anyway, but the new profile button is in a dumb location I think (should be in the right, not the left). On top of that I've noticed it's become more difficult to distinguish the active tab - it's doable, but less easy. And I have to agree with everyone here that the borders around the web content are distracting, ugly and purposeless; it makes the content just seem small.
Lastly, a couple of things seem to be busted now - favourites don't open in a new tab anymore and I'm losing some functionality when I enter full screen on macOS.

EDIT: Bad redaction changed the meaning. Doesn't apply anymore anyways.

@Eric_E Can I download it?

@Andrés S Welcome to the club. Edge devs hear you - the first and most liked comment on every release since the giant button got added was "remove it". But Edge devs don't care.

If they let it ship out to release channel without adding a simple, user facing option that doesn't require Group Policy to remove it - while still allowing one to manually open the sidebar whenever necessary - I'm out.

Came back after a 3 week vacation and got served the new Edge UI. In short, I hate how the visual niceties come over function - why do you need to add a border to a webpage that takes up space that otherwise could go to content and why can't we turn this "feature" off in the settings?
Thank you for sharing