Dev Channel update to 111.0.1660.0 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Today, we are releasing another Dev build this week with version number 111.0.1660.0. This release includes mostly fixes and a new feature and policy. For more details on the changes, check out the highlights below. Additionally, we got a new blog post about Microsoft Edge and Interop 2023.

Please note this build is currently available for Windows and macOS, while other platforms will receive the Dev build at a later date.

Microsoft Edge and Interop 2023 - Microsoft Edge Blog (windows.com)

Added features:  

• Added Move All Tabs to New Workspace option.
  • Enterprise:
    • New policy: (Note: Updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet)
      • Added Automatic HTTPS policy.

Improved reliability:  

• Fixed browser crash when copying or pasting text in the search bar.
  • Fixed browser crash related to WebAuthn Conditional Mediation request.
  • Fixed browser crash related to Sidebar.
  • Fixed browser crash when opening Outlook Sidebar.
  • iOS:
    • Fixed browser crash when opening Favorites, Collection, or History.
    • Fixed browser crash when visiting the account settings page.
  • Android:
    • Fixed browser crash when opening the download page.

Changed behavior: 

• Fixed the blank Appearance setting page.
  • Fixed scrolling issues on the Share Workspace dialog.
  • Fixed the Follow button in the address bar not displaying in certain scenarios.
  • Android:
    • Fixed unable to close the keyboard when using the search bar.
  • WebView2:
    • Permission Management API has now been promoted from the experimental stage to public.
    • ScriptLocale API has now been promoted from the experimental stage to public.
    • SharedBuffer API has now been promoted from the experimental stage to public.
    • Fixed the black screen issue in certain scenarios.
  • Enterprise:
    • Fixed print margin settings from resetting back to the default value when using the PrintPreviewStickySettings policy.

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

34 Replies
Who decided that adding a non-removeable ad button (Discover) exactly where the menu button should be was a good idea? Nobody asked for this! Just get rid of it. Nobody asked for this. Just adding an option is not enough, since it will still be enabled by default. Get rid of it.
@Eric_E 下载时显示的下载菜单能否只显示正在下载的文件,不要显示下载完毕的文件?如果一次下载多个文件时,下载完毕的文件与未下载完毕的文件一起,会导致菜单项过多,遮挡住页面。
it working wonder, thanks!!
或者可以折叠
I'm really hoping that with an upcoming release that the developers will include a setting to have the sidebar open & close while hovering your mouse pointer over the sidebar area that's already available with different chromium based browsers which makes using the sidebar so much easier.
If you're going to put a giant blue Bing hickey next to the ellipses at least have it do something other than open the side bar to tell me the connection was reset. Whoever made this "enhancement" must not use the browser.

There needs to be a way to turn off the entire side bar mess - icons and all.
I literally made an account here today specifically so I could complain about the Discover button. Please allow us to disable this. In fact, if we could disable anything related to the sidebar entirely, I would be much happier.
Thank you so much, this worked like a charm!

@Eric_E If a tab group is expanded in this update, the colored line indicating the bounds of the group is too far to the right and overlaps the tab buttons. See screenshot : 

jakeinator21_0-1675892270110.png

The Discover side window automatically popping up on mouse over is bad UX.
That "oversight" has been in Canary as well. It's as if no one tested it at all.
This build introduced rounded corners for pretty much every part of an Edge window: vertical tabs, main web content, etc. But my Canary installation doesn't have this. I can't find where it's enabled. Looked in flags, but didn't see anything. Does anyone know?
It's only in Dev for some reason.
Weird. Is there any way to toggle it?

@Eric_E 

BUG Report for Version 111.0.1660.14 (Official build) dev (64-bit):

Edge Dev does not delete items selected for deletion in "Settings/Personal Info".

Steps to recreate bug:

• Select the check boxes in front of the items you want to delete.
  • Click on the blue delete button.
  • Edge confirms with a message: "xx item deleted".
  • Alas, nothing is deleted.