Dev Channel update to 111.0.1652.0 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Today, we are releasing build 111.0.1652.0 to the Dev channel, which includes mostly fixes and a few new features. For more details on the changes, check out the highlights below.

Added features:  

• Command Palette is a command window feature that allows users to perform common tasks in the browser.
  • Add Show duplicate navigations option in History Hub’s more menu.
  • Devtools now has Detached Elements, a new panel that finds memory leaks related to detached DOM elements.
  • WebView2:
    • Added experimental ScriptLocale API.
    • Added experimental WebMessage Object API. (#501)

Improved reliability:  

• Fixed browser crash related to Followable web.
  • Fixed freezing issue on the New Tab Page.
  • macOS:
    • Fixed browser crash related to Smart Screen.

Changed behavior: 

• Fixed the Share button not displaying after using the Move all tabs to new workspace option.
  • Fixed Image editor can’t be closed.
  • Fixed Image editor stuck on loading.
  • Fixed Reopen closed tab not opening recently closed window.
  • Fixed Something went wrong message in the Outlook Sidebar pane.
  • Fixed Text prediction inserting a new line character on some websites.
  • Fixed desktop shortcuts keep getting created.
  • Fixed the edge://policy page not showing the Policy Value correctly.
  • Fixed the missing password reveal button.
  • iOS:
    • Fixed can’t copy URL from the address bar.
  • WebView2:
    • Fixed speechSynthesis.getVoices() returns three voices for Win32 but zero voices for UWP. (#3155)
    • Fixed ResultFilePath not reporting the download location (#2596)
  • Enterprise:
    • Fixed duplicated PWA shortcuts being created on every browser launch with WebAppInstallForceList policy.
    • Fixed the missing business justification drop-down and text box options when uploading a zip file to a restricted domain.

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

13 Replies

Why ist the Show Windows 11 visual effects in title bar and toolbar flag for Mica design gone? @Eric_E 

The Secure network (VPN) button no longer shows on the toolbar, even when it is toggled ON in Settings > Appearance.

@Eric_E 

Hi Eric, I have questions about the new features "Command Palette" and "Show Duplicate Navigation":

• "Command Palette is a command window feature that allows users to perform common tasks in the browser": Please explain what this is, and where we can find it?
  • "Add Show duplicate navigations option in History Hub’s more menu.": Please explain what this is? Also, I cannot find this option in History Hub's more menu, nor on the History Page. Has this feature not been enabled for all users? Or does it only appear when there are actual duplicates?

Thanks.

Addition: for me at least, the shortcut is CTRL-Q instead of CTRL-SHIFT-SPACE that was mentioned in the article.

@Eric_E version mise a jour ce jour çi 

@Eric_E Are there any plans to remove (or allow us to remove) the Discovery icon? To put it nicely, I don't like it and I don't need it. It seems that many other people also do not like it. Just a flag to remove it from the UI would help a lot.

@Eric_E 

How do I get rid of the Import favorites. For quick access, place your favorites here on the toolbar? I open manage favorites, but nothing drags to the toolbar. MacStudio

@Eric_E Still waiting for a Share to To Do option - this must be pretty straightforward to implement and would be a great time saver.

@lukasi2000 wrote:

Why ist the Show Windows 11 visual effects in title bar and toolbar flag for Mica design gone? @Eric_E 

I second this - why was this removed?? Please add it back.

@Eric_E 

Running Windows 11 insider build 25284 and got into a situation where this version of Edge continually crashed on startup. Tried with fresh user data folder and it still happende. Ended up rolling back to 111.0.1633.0 and that works again.

@lukasi2000 

At this time I don't know why the decision was made to remove the #edge-visual-rejuv-mica flag. However, I do know it was by design and not removed in error. The best thing to do is send feedback to the engineers, asking for its return in a future release. Alt+Shift+I to open the feedback window. 

@Eric_E  In this version ,  Why is there a big blank space on the left side of the first tab, nothing is useful and cannot be turned off.

inthink_root_0-1675304726653.png