Hello Insiders! Dev is now on version 109 with today’s release build, 109.0.1481.0. Here are the highlights of this build below.
We also have a new video about What’s New in DevTools 107.
We would also like to get more details about your experience with browser extensions at Browser Extension Survey.
- Added Open this page in Compatibility view toggle in the Add a page prompt for Internet Explorer mode pages.
- Added open in new tab button on the Sidebar games.
- Added support for File Upload in UWP (#1639)
- Added IDL validator tool.
- Fixed Autofill account selection menu not entering credentials.
- Fixed the browser crash with Autofill dialog when navigating to the cross button using an arrow key or pressing Tab or Shift + Delete keys while the focus is on the cross button.
- Fixed the browser crash while using Find in Page in the PDF viewer.
- Fixed Sidebar issue that causes the browser to crash.
- Fixed the browser crash when signing out your profile in Workspace.
- Fixed a crash related to Sidebar.
- Fixed the browser crash that’s related to HDR video.
- Fixed a crash when navigating to certain websites.
- Fixed the browser crash issue when clicking on the performance button after closing Kids mode window.
- Fixed the browser crash when entering or exiting Full screen.
- Fixed a crash related to recommended update.
- Fixed the browser crash related to Assistance Home button.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with visual search results
- Fixed browser crash when launching.
- Fixed browser crash related to notifications.
- Fixed browser crash when enabling Bold text in Android setting.
- Fixed the browser crash related to account sync.
- Fixed crash when clicking on the thumbnail view in the taskbar and moving focus to the WebView2 window.
- Fixed visual hosting crashes with Windows 10 Anniversary Update and older.
- Fixed STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message on certain websites.
- Fixed picture profile in Microsoft Edge icon on the taskbar.
- Fixed Allow extensions from other stores toggle not reflecting change in the Extensions page.
- Fixed incorrect colors on pictures when turning off Enhance Image.
- Fixed the double Sort by name buttons after invoking it in Collection.
- Fixed HEVC video playback issue.
- Fixed Find on Page issue not scrolling to the first highlighted match term.
- Fixed Edge bar Search bar not scaling correctly when it’s on Search only layout.
- Fixed The Pinning Wizard not loading content.
- Fixed Favorites from opening a new tab while on a New Tab Page.
- When clicking on a join Workspace link, the initial New Tab no longer stays open.
- Fixed an issue with installing and uninstalling PWA.
- Fixed missing icons on top sites.
- Fixed Sign in not working correctly.
- Fixed the Open external app dialog not showing up.
- Fixed black screen when launching.
- Fixed sync invalid token pop-up when sync is disabled by policy.
- Fixed history not displaying when tapping on the address bar.
- Fixed data loss when upgrading from an older version of Microsoft Edge.
- Fixed the NTP search box not responding.
- Fixed blank Feedback submission issue.
- Fixed browser crash related to Tracking prevention.
- Fixed the blank PDF toolbar issue when hiding three of the buttons. (#2866)
- Fixed HEVC MP4 video playback in WebView2.
- Fixed DRM media playback.
Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.