Dev Channel update to 108.0.1462.2 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! We are releasing build 108.0.1462.2 to the Dev channel today. Many bug fixes and some added features in this one. We also released several videos since the Microsoft Ignite event on our YouTube channel.

Microsoft Edge | Mondays are OK with Microsoft Edge - YouTube

Microsoft Edge for everyone | Making the web more accessible - YouTube

Microsoft Edge Workspaces | Introducing a shared set of tabs to help groups stay on the same page - ...

Microsoft Edge | The fast and secure browser enabling your workforce to work where and how they want...

Microsoft Edge | Learn to Use the Network Tool - YouTube

Added features:   

• Added keyboard shortcuts to Tab Orientation and Tab Search.
  • Added “Automatically hide the forward button when not needed” option in the Appearance settings.
  • You can add any website to the Sidebar.
  • New policy: Disable search in Sidebar.
  • We added a recovered folder for Favorites lost due to sync issues.
  • Android
    • You can now rename downloaded files.
    • App blocker now has an allow list.
    • New Tab Page Newsfeed stories now have a Read aloud button.

Improved reliability:   

• Fixed a crash when a user shuts down the browser.
  • We removed the shopping animation icon that causes a browser crash.
  • Fixed a crash due to the address bar scroll bar.
  • Fixed password generation with 1 click account creation causes the browser to crash.
  • Fixed a crash on the Recently Closed History page.
  • Fixed Crash recovery that wasn’t working on PDF with forms.
  • Fixed browser crash when you click on Workspace from a favorite pane in the InPrivate window.
  • Fixed a crash when closing a browser window. 
  • Fixed a crash related to the browser’s Accessibility Manager.
  • Fixed the Autofill issue that caused the browser to crash.
  • Fixed the browser crash related to Enhance image setting.
  • Fixed a crash when closing the browser when a recommended update is available.

• WebView2
    • Fixed a crash whenever you tried to navigate to a new site.
    • Fixed the crashing issue of assigning nullptr to some PrintSetting properties (Issue 2858).
  • iOS
    • Fixed Password Manager crash.
    • Fixed auto suggestion crashing.
    • Fixed the Weather notification crash.

 Changed behavior:   

• Website typo protection is now full-page instead of a flyout dialog.
  • Fixed the Action menu button and collapsing tab group not responding correctly.
  • Fixed Microsoft Edge Update card and policy that wasn’t showing on edge://policy page.
  • Fixed the Snooze button that wasn’t working in the Shopping dialog.
  • Fixed the issue where “search the web for” displays twice in the context menu.
  • Fixed Toast notifications from not displaying.
  • Fixed Read Aloud Bar was not displaying.
  • Recently Closed no longer opens a New Tab Page.
  • Fixed the Save to Collections option on pictures still appearing when disabling this feature.
  • Fixed the blank edge://favorites page when removing a favorite during a search.
  • Fixed issues with the use of vertical tabs in Fullscreen.
  • Fixed the scrollbar area where the mouse click doesn’t register.
  • Removed Workspace windows in Recently closed due to crashing issue when restoring.
  • Fixed tabs not visible when restoring the browser window from minimizing while the DevTools is open.
  • Fixed the two page view in the PDF viewer.
  • Fixed the downloaded 1KB PDF file size issue while the browser is set as your default PDF viewer.
  • Fixed unable to launch a second instance of the browser when it has an update waiting for restart.
  • WebView2
    • We disable clicking on files from the downloads hub UI for UWP due to a file is not accessible issue.
    • Fixed printer settings custom header and footer. (#2093)
    • Fixed printing issue when the user initiated another printing before the first printing started.
    • Fixed getting ProcessInfo API on WinRT devices (#2589)
  • Mac
    • Fixed the browser crash after being in an idle state.
  • Android
    • Fixed an issue where logging into the browser fails when proxy authentication is required. 
    • Fixed Tab center showing instead of NTP when “Resume to NTP on startup” is enabled.
  • iOS
    • Fixed Tracking Prevention not working correctly.
    • Fixed Outlook not opening in top sites.
    • Fixed undo option not appearing when deleting favorites.
    • Fixed the “Add current page to collection” button not working correctly.
    • Fixed translation failure.
    • Fixed Translator setting where cannot select Offer to Translate on the Chinese language.
  • Xbox
    • Disabled Sidebar due to not working correctly.

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

18 Replies
For months now, when using vertical tabs, trying to open a tab's context menu with touch does not work.
Since Edge dev 107, the overlay scrollbar has had its minimal mode flag removed and replaced with a large, prominent style scroll, even though I don't use the Always Show Scrollbars toggle in the Windows accessibility settings.

@Eric_E 

I am running into a problem with Username and Password autofill with this version. The option shows up for me to pick a saved account, but when I use the mouse to click on a saved account, the details are not filled.

This function was working perfectly on previous built.

I have the same problem. Extremelly annoying.
Oh, glad it's not just me... Autofill is no longer working. As Mark indicates, I get the dropdown showing me the name/password as usual, but when I click on the correct login, nothing is given to the input fields.

@Mark Chan 

Same problem here..

same problem 109.0.1467.0 version, Czech language, WIN 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2130
Thank you for the updates.
Username and Password autofill have problem
Thanks, everyone, for reporting about the autofill issue. The engineering team is investigating.

Eric

@seolhwa 

If you haven't already, I would like you to submit feedback from the browser about the overlay scrollbar.

1. Click on the three dots menu button.
  2. Go to Help and feedback.
  3. Click on Send feedback.
  4. Fill out the form.
  5. Include your email address and make sure Allow (recommended) is selected for Send diagnostic data to Microsoft.
  6. Once completed, click on Send.

Eric

@Migue333 

I want to let you know that the engineering team is investigating this. 

Eric

@Eric_E 

This update doesn't appear to address the issue with color inputs that use <datalist>

See this example:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/datalist#color_type

When using version 107 or 108 it changes the selection to white/black rather than the chosen colour.

In version 106 this seemed to work fine.

I've provided feedback through the app but are you able to confirm that this is a bug, or is it an intentional change that I need to somehow workaround?

Thanks

Could you pin this discussion? The pinned discussions for Dev channel release are quite old...
Password Autofill not working... i select from the dropdown menu but it does not fill it up...
Also, slow laggy built in password manager issue still not fixed..

@Nonimpressed 

Turns out this is a Chromium bug potentially. Hopefully it gets a merge soon.

https://crbug.com/1378820

Sorry for the late reply. The engineers are aware of this and investigating.

I want to update you that we fixed the username and password autofill in the latest Canary and Dev build.

Eric