Dev channel update to 106.0.1349.1 is now live!

Microsoft

Hello insiders, we are releasing a new build to the Dev channel. We have added new features, fixed known issues, improved reliability, and changed the behavior of other items as well. 

A better printing experience for Azure Virtual Desktop with Universal Print - Microsoft Tech Communi...

Added features:  

• Added new policies from upstream and corresponding downstream changes
  • Added History Date Filtering on the full page for History
  • Enabled the Password nickname feature

Improved reliability:

• Disabled pinning options in the menu for a specific website, if the website is already pinned to the taskbar
  • Improved smart history searches (e.g.: “videos from last week”)
  • Improved camera feature for websites on Android

Changed behavior:  

• Fixed an issue where certain address bar instant answers were unnecessarily truncated
  • Fixed Narrator announcements in Settings 
  • Fixed various crashes
  • Updated a Policy, so when signed into Microsoft Edge with a work or school account (AAD), feedback is associated with account and organization 
  • Fixed an issue where feedback cannot be sent from within the side pane
  • Fixed an error when attempting to generate a QR code on Android 
  • Fixed a crash when changing profiles on iOS

Thank you all again for helping us with versions for 106, we could not do it without you and appreciate your feedback. The latest version for 106 is coming soon!

21 Replies

Hi @LisaS 

• Updated a Policy, so when signed into Microsoft Edge with a work or school account (AAD), feedback is associated with account and organization 

Is there any way as the administrator of the organisation to capture and see this feedback sent by users?

Thanks!

Just installed. It doesn't even start; not a good first impression!
Thank you, I am to get more information for you.
I am trying to get more information for you, I am sorry about your experience at this point. I will keep you posted.
Did the "enable-force-dark" flag disappear? My eyes are bleeding. What is this white everywhere? Why? How to get it back?
Thanks Lisa. Will Save as PDF be available again? It was there, but it was buggy, and it did not work.
Since the previous Dev build, holding touch to open a tab's context menu does not work when using the vertical tabs layout.

@LisaS 

Edge PC版的已经做的很完美了,希望Android版能够做的更好,特别是【网页播放器】,手机版在看网页视频的时候没有加速,滑动进度等手势操作真的很难用,我的习惯会经常使用浏览器看网页视频,而不喜欢装视频APP,如果手机版Edge视频播放器能做的很好用,我会把它当成主力浏览器使用!

@MissyQ @LisaS
At first blush, it seems the "pdf stuttering scrolling issue" has finally been fixed in this Edge Dev 106.0.1349.1 release. Thanks for your continued support in solving this.

Laggy password section still not fixed...?!
Please improve perfomance and slash the ram usage to 1 percent
Awesome to see! I am still chatting with the team about the situation in general to figure out what is happening here, so I wouldn't consider it 100% resolved just yet. Appreciate the update, though! :) Your continued diligence is incredibly appreciated. :D
Is there any update for Universal Print and Microsoft Edge?
I am asking this because there is a link to the post but there is no discussion about integrity with the Universal Print.
Looking into this for you
Looks like it. I am also curious why Microsoft decided to remove it. I was able to reenable it by going to edge://flags and enabling "Temporarily unexpire M105 flags."
Please re-enable the "enable-force-dark" flag. it's painful to have a website that blinds us

@Phil7277 

Spoiler

@Phil7277 wrote:
Please re-enable the "enable-force-dark" flag. it's painful to have a website that blinds us

@qfhgewbvd 

flags are temporary items, not permanent features.

it's best to use extensions to force dark mode, there are lots of them. with extensions, you can change dark mode forcing behavior without the need to restart browser either.

https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/search/dark%20mode

Extensions increase the browser attack surface. The dark mode flag can also be used on organization-managed computers that may not allow extension installation.

Extensions have horrible performance compared to the built-in version, and aren't as smart when it comes to working with vastly different sites of all color schemes and native site dark modes and what not.

And quite a lot of flags are so "temporary" that they might as well be permanent options.