Dev channel update to 105.0.1336.2 is now live!

Microsoft

Hello insiders, we are releasing a new build to the Dev channel. We have added new features, fixed known issues and reliability, and changed the behavior of other items as well.  

 Added features:   

• Added Narrator announcing 'banner' on 'Learn more' link in Microsoft Edge  
  • Added support for a management policy from Chromium to control if Unthrottled Nested Timeout is Enabled - this will be deprecated in the future 

Improved reliability:   

• Performance improvements to IMap properties  
  • Improved iOS tooltips 
  • Improved Android shared device support 
  • Optimized read aloud voice options page for Android  
  • Improved Android shared device support 

 Changed behavior:   

• Fixed an issue where the profile popup sometimes is cut off 
  • Fixed various crashes 
  • Fixed Diagnostic button layout 
  • Fixed Drag and Drop for Collections 
  • Fixed a crash when clicking the Tab Actions Menu button   

Thanks again for helping get us to version 105, we could not do it without you. Stay tuned for the latest version, 106 is coming soon! 

22 Replies
I'm on last week's "Version 105.0.1329.1 (Official build) Dev (x86_64)" on Mac OS.

But when I check for update I get: "An error occurred. (Error code: 9) (Extra code: 0)". Updates were working OK until now. Any suggestions?
The last few dev builds I have had these white lines and borders appear around some web elements. Is there a way to turn this off? I am using dark mode so it might be hidden in light mode.

@stevexyz wrote:
I'm on last week's "Version 105.0.1329.1 (Official build) Dev (x86_64)" on Mac OS.

But when I check for update I get: "An error occurred. (Error code: 9) (Extra code: 0)". Updates were working OK until now. Any suggestions?

Well, it resolved on its own and now I'm updated. Thanks!

@LisaS 

when will going to fix laggy password section.?! 

Thank you for sharing
Have you tried to change your desktop resolution to 1080p?

We have mostly resolved the issue; however, we are aware that some are still experiencing this error code. Please be patient with us as we continue to work on resolving it completely. Thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for your feedback. I will reach out to the developer to see if we have an estimated time that we are able to resolve this issue.
Thank you for letting us know.
Can you give me a little more detail please?

@LisaS it is already 1080p.  This is an example of What I see.

cmescher_0-1659576716143.png

Thank you for the example.

@MissyQ

Just to let you know that in this latest Edge Dev 105.0.1336.2 build, the "Stuttering PDF-file scrolling" issue, as reported some versions ago, is still not fixed. (Edge Stable and Edge Beta scroll PDF-files smoothly).

@LisaS Since the previous update the browser now always displays a blinking caret anywhere on the page where I click - not only on editable elements.

Whoof, thanks for the update. I did not hear back from them last week, so I will poke again. Edge 105 is scheduled to go into Beta next week, I am hoping I can get some traction with them soon so this doesn't make its way there or is at least addressed quickly after.

@DarkCoder I too am facing the same issue since years. Edge team is not taking even note of it.

So, its safe to assume now that edge dev team will never going to resolve this issue...
I don't know how "Added Narrator announcing 'banner' on 'Learn more' link in Microsoft Edge" helps anything. Perhaps the description is wrong. 'banner' should be announced for a banner landmark but doesn't provide useful information for a link. Can you provide details on how this helps users?

Hi,
Can Edge have Encrypted Client Hello feature as a flag too like Chrome does?
it's a great security feature and having it as a flag is easier to enable than the current method of adding " --enable-features=EncryptedClientHello" to the target of Edge shortcut.

the feature is there in Edge and works fine, just not properly exposed to the user.
https://chromestatus.com/feature/6196703843581952
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/you-can-now-enable-encrypted-client-hello-encrypt...