Dev channel update to 105.0.1329.1 is now live!

Microsoft

Hello insiders, we are releasing a new build to the Dev channel. We have added more improvements to old features, improved reliability, and changed the behavior of more things this week.  

Check out the latest content from the team: 

Disk caching in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog (windows.com) 

   

Added features:   

• Added a button in the PDF toolbar to share documents.  
  • Added a mute indicator on tabs when the browser is muted in the volume mixer 

Improved reliability:   

• Updated max URL length in the side pane for visual search  
  • We added an "always enforce" list to Enhanced Security mode 
  • Improved iOS Feedback prompt to notify when connection is blocking the ability to send feedback 

Changed behavior:  

• Fixed a crash when getting the page count in print preview  
  • Fixed the downloads toolbar icon disappearing after a download started and the flyout was closed 
  • Fixed the blank space in the Guest mode indicator 
  • Fixed a crash on iOS when closing tabs while Read Aloud is active  
  • Fixed a crash when restoring tabs from a previously closed window 
  • Fixed a crash when adding a Favorites folder on iOS 
  • Fixed an issue where Microsoft Reward was not displaying in Settings on mobile 

Thank you for helping us improve version 105, we really could not do it without you. Stay tuned for more new releases next week! 

23 Replies

On my mac big sur on hotspot & regular wifi I am on the latest dev build released today (July) 27TH & even thouh updated I tred/check the about page and says

An error occurred. (Error code: 9) (Extra code: 0) on the about/update page

I tried uninstalling & same on fresh install

and same on the latest canary build (i tried canary to see if was dev build)

please help

This is a known issue and the team is currently investigating, can you please submit feedback via the menu > Help and Feedback > Send Feedback with diagnostics and include the error code in the description so that it will be added to the investigation.

@LisaS Thanks for fixing the problem (STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION) . It's working fine !

@LisaS As you can see in the screenshot, the text color and icon color of title bar may become red or another dark color. Since I use the dark mode, it's a little difficult for me to read the text and icons in these colors clearly. Even if I switch to light mode or default mode, the title bar still has the same problem. Snipaste_2022-07-28_08-50-17.pngSnipaste_2022-07-28_08-51-40.pngSnipaste_2022-07-28_08-52-14.png

@DaviKeng this issue could partially be solved by changing the theme of Edge.

avif support?

AV1 has been supported for a while, what's the delay with image-AV1? pretty sure chromium has it working for like a year or longer already?
Since the last Dev build, there has been white lines and/or borders around elements on web pages. Is there any way to turn this off?
Thanks for your suggestion. Is there any recommended themes? I don't know which one could I choose to solve this problem temporarily. In the long run, I think it should be solved by MS, which may be better.

@DaviKeng I would recommend “Dark & stormy", which is close to the dark theme.

Kevin_Zou_0-1658991971876.png

Alas, the stuttering-scrolling issue for PDF-files is still not solved in this new Edge Dev 105.0.1329.1. Edge Stable and Edge Beta (latest versions) fortunately do not have this issue, scrolling through a PDF is still smooth there.

You can also try this theme too - https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/complete-black-theme-for-/ghonbmojapihnfjnnmhijdjm...

It is the complete black theme and helps with the Red. Hopefully, they fix the default theme as this is just ugly.

@LisaS after the update, text on tabs appears in RED font and is unusable, have to change to a custom theme to correct the issue.

@LisaS Dark Mode without a theme is absolutely unusable, as the text in inactive tabs is black: 

MiTschMR_0-1659037600434.png

It becomes white when the tab is active. 

As others have said, the red text is extremely unpleasant and hard to read. I hope you can release a bug hotfix asap for this rather than keep it like this until whenever the next update is released.
why is there red crap all over the browser now. do you even test this before you push?
From my observation in Light mode, the red text on tab titles on appears on vertical tabs but not on horizontal tabs.
That is correct, but the red loading circle also appears on horizontal tabs.
Red is the placeholder color when a color is missing from the color table. That has been happening a lot recently when there's activity upstream that moves things around, and we haven't yet fixed it up on our side.
not sure I understand.. why would you knowingly push a broken build into the dev channel?

this shouldn't have escaped canary into the dev build, surely.

its made the dev build unusable.