SOLVED

Dev channel update to 103.0.1255.0 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders, it’s a smaller update this week, but it’s an important one! Specifically, we’re releasing build 103.0.1255.0 to the Dev channel. Today, we're excited to share that we have kicked off experiments for Microsoft Edge Secure Network in the Canary channel.

We are opening this preview to a small audience to get initial feedback and recommendations so we can offer the best in-browser privacy experience.  You can read more about it here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/articles/introducing-microsoft-edge-secure-network/m-p/336724.... We also have an update for Extension Developers on how to manage reviews: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/articles/microsoft-edge-add-ons-new-feature-to-manage-user-re...

Added features: 

• Added features to Support launch some universal links which weren't supported before. 
  • Added support features for Presentations and Spreadsheets searches. 
  • Added Feature to a group policy for guided switch. This is a mandatory group policy. Once configured, it does not allow user to override this setting on Browser by changing the value of `Automatic Profile Switching’. If the policy is not configured to change the value on settings page. 
  • Added feature to trigger for full address fill logic. 
  • Added a management policy to control if Guided Switch is Enabled, which controls the prompt to switch to another profile when a website won’t work for the current one.   
  • Added a .NET API to WebView2 to support multiple profiles.   

Improved reliability: 

• Improved Reliability of Camera Capture. 
  • Improved Behavior so that Once design suggestions appear on the webpage, the entry button/flyout should not disappear if user stays on the page. 
  • Improved Reliability by re-enabling and reverting to navigating to the downloads page instead of going to settings. 
  • Improved reliability by skipping Mobile variation header hack for requests whose transition type is not new navigation as it doesn’t work for them. 
  • Improved reliability for check validity or registry. 
  • Improved reliability of Personal Database Manger. 
  • Improved behavior on image super resolution feature. 

Changed behavior: 

• Changed Behavior so that Visual Search side pane is closed while opening collections. 
  • Changed Behavior by re-enabling and reverting to navigating to the downloads page instead of going to settings. 
  • Changed behavior of how overflow issues are handled in various text fields in one tap dialog. 
  • Changed behavior on settings button in reading mode page being misplaced. 
  • Enabled by default vertical tabs in full screen mode.  
  • Chanced Efficiency Mode to be enabled whenever a game application is detected to be running.   
  • Fixed a crash on mobile when interacting with the address bar.   
  • Fixed an issue where the browser is sometimes running in the background when it shouldn’t be.   
  • Fixed a crash on mobile when interacting with the new tab page.   
  • Fixed a crash on Xbox.   
  • Fixed an issue where the tab context menu option to move tabs to other windows only shows the new window option, not any options for any other windows.   
  • Fixed an issue on mobile where the image of the day doesn’t load on the new tab page.   
  • Fixed an issue where the Extensions menu is blank.   
  • Fixed an issue on mobile where the back button sometimes doesn’t work when it should.   

Thanks for helping get us to version 103, we couldn’t do it without you! 

15 Replies
Getting directions in Google Maps does not work anymore in Edge Dev since my upgrade to the latest 103-version. Problem does not occur with the Edge Stable version.

Clicking on the Directions-button, or any other button in the Maps user interface does nothing at all.
Can confirm the same issue. I thought it was related to my ad-blocker but it's the same even when it's turned off.
Good to know. Also, "whitelisting" the Google Maps site within Edge Dev's Settings does not solve the issue either.

I agree with @Paul_VC. None of the buttons (including the hamburger menu) work. It works fine in Firefox.

@LisaS I think there's a major javascript or rendering bug introduced between the .1254 and .1254 specifically (and carried into the .1255).

In addition to the Google Maps issue (which I can also confirm), I'm also seeing some rather random issues from these builds on LinkedIn and Salesforce sites -- which did not exist in .1253 and lower. (Documented in the forum there here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/edge-canary-103-0-1255-0-linkedin-display-bug/td-...)

"Fixed an issue where the Extensions menu is blank. "

Thank you very much.

Win

Same problem here with Google Maps. 

@LisaS  No longer able to log into Chase Bank using this build.  I get the same results on two different PC's.  Just letting you know.  

best response confirmed by Eric_Lawrence (Microsoft)
Solution

A regression inherited from upstream in the V8 Script engine broke many websites in Edge Dev 103.0.1255. Breakage includes Microsoft Teams, Chase, Google Maps, Marriott, and others. The latest Edge Canary fixes this issue, which should also be fixed in the next DevBuild release.
https://twitter.com/ericlaw/status/1527337900547133442

Thanks for this status update.

Version 103.0.1255.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit)  This site fails to load with the latest version of Edge.  iCloud  

@LisaS 

Ditto, same problem with Chase.com trying to open my Visa account. Edge build Version 103.0.1255.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit)
A regression inherited from upstream in the V8 Script engine broke many websites in Edge Dev 103.0.1255. Breakage includes Microsoft Teams, Chase, Google Maps, Marriott, and others. The latest Edge Canary fixes this issue, which should also be fixed in the next DevBuild release.

The update fixed the problem.  

Microsoft EdgeVersion 103.0.1264.2 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

@Eric_Lawrence 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Eric_Lawrence (Microsoft)
Solution

View solution in original post