Dev channel update to 102.0.1235.1 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders!  Today we’re releasing build 102.0.1235.1 to the Dev channel.  I know I mentioned last week that this will be the final build for the Dev channel for 102, but it’s looking like it won’t be, so be on the lookout for a build higher than 1235 soon.  As for what’s in this one: 

Added features: 

• Added a link to Tabs From Other Devices in the Tab Actions menu. 
  • Enabled support for a management policy from Chromium to control if the javascript engine behavior to Set Timeout Without 1 Ms Clamp is Enabled, which controls if calls to setTimeout() with a 0ms timeout are changed to have a 1ms timeout.  Note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet. 

Improved reliability: 

• Fixed an issue where all tabs crash with an error code:  FACILITY_VISUALCPP/ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND. 
  • Fixed a crash on mobile when sending feedback. 
  • Fixed an issue where WebView2 apps crash when setting User Data Folder Access options (Issue 2363). 
  • Fixed a crash on Xbox when using Tab Search. 

Changed behavior: 

• Improved how many types of tabs can be put to sleep. 
  • Reduced the number of tabs that are discarded due to memory pressure in certain situations.   
  • Fixed an issue where Tab Search doesn’t work. 
  • Fixed an issue where printing and print preview sometimes doesn’t work. 
  • Fixed an issue where certain search engines can’t be removed from Settings. 
  • Fixed an issue where certain languages aren’t available in Spell Check. 
  • Fixed an issue where IE mode sometimes can’t be enabled or configured. 
  • Fixed an issue in Application Guard windows where downloads are sometimes blocked when they shouldn’t. 
  • Fixed an issue where work/school results don’t appear in the search engine when searching from the address bar. 
  • Mobile: 
    • Fixed an issue where Top Sites can’t be edited because the edit button is too hard to hit. 
    • Fixed an issue where Read Aloud sometimes doesn’t highlight words that it should, or says words that it shouldn’t. 
    • Fixed an issue where the Read Aloud controls sometimes don’t appear in the notification shade. 

Known issues: 

• Users of certain ad blocking extensions may experience playback errors on YouTube.  As a workaround, temporarily disabling the extension should allow playback to proceed.  See this help article for more details. 
  • Some users are still running into an issue where all tabs and extensions immediately crash with a STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error.  The most common cause of this error is outdated security or antivirus software from vendors like Symantec, and in those cases, updating that software will fix it. 
  • Users of the Kaspersky Internet Suite who have the associated extension installed may sometimes see webpages like Gmail fail to load.  This failure is due to the main Kaspersky software being out of date, and is thus fixed by making sure the latest version is installed. 
  • Some users are seeing “wobbling” behavior when scrolling using trackpad gestures or touchscreens, where scrolling in one dimension also causes the page to subtly scroll back and forth in the other.  Note that this only affects certain websites and seems to be worse on certain devices.  This is most likely related to our ongoing work to bring scrolling back to parity with Edge Legacy’s behavior, so if this behavior is undesirable, you can temporarily turn it off by disabling the edge://flags/#edge-experimental-scrolling flag. 

As always, thanks for all your feedback; we couldn’t do it without you! 

37 Replies

@Ed Sparks wrote:
An Apps Panel (that doesn't seem to show up for anyone)

@Ed Sparks 
I confirm: the Apps panel (and its icon on the toolbar) shows on one of my PCs but not on the second one. Neither in Dev nor in Canary. 

More bloatware...the main menu now has a scroll button because my screen is not tall enough for it to show all the available entries. The direction the Edge Project has taken is exactly the worst possible one. The perfect mix between mismanagement and corporate greed.  I am incredibly disappointed.

@BoydB and everybody else seeing this:  the red text should be fixed in the next Dev build, although we're still working on the buttons being colored red.  

@eduardobragaxz and everybody else seeing it:  the sidebar button that can't be removed and that leads to the reading list is not ours and will be removed again in the next Dev build.  It's something Chrome is experimenting with that slipped in here.  

@elkropac well a black window isn't much better than it crashing entirely, is it?  Between this and some other errors that @streetracersts and others are seeing, there's obviously still something going on here, so I'll make sure some new bugs are opened since the fix we made last time wasn't sufficient.  

Hi @josh_bodner . Well I get black window instanly on Edge startup, so i cannot use it all, so i'm still on version 102.0.1220.1-1
I agree that most of Edge should be modular excluding basic components like Favourites (Bookmarks), Downloads, Extensions, Apps, and performance tools.

Examples of things that should be optional modules:
- Edge Bar
- Microsoft Rewards
- Collections
- Citations
- Maths Solver
- Internet Explorer Mode
- Casting
And many more!

Plus allow unlimited customisation of the context menu as it is a mess. So many small changes would go a long way they (Microsoft) just need to listen and work hard and quickly on things their users want rather than useless things that might forcefully generate a little income for the larger company. If they want people on board for the long haul you have to work with them!
Okay, false alarm, it looks like the fix actually wasn't in this Dev update. It will be in 1245 though, so I'll be very curious to see if that update makes any difference for you.
Hi Josh, I just tried 102.0.1245.3-1 and still black screen on startup. When i launch edge under another user, it starts just ok.

@josh_bodner 

There is a bug in Extensions button:

Spelunky_0-1651923427197.png

I am Also Facing Similar Issue with my Microsoft Edge Browser. 

image.png @Spelunky 

It's getting ridiculous
Have to reset the browser
Chrome is out here releasing machine learning API flags to handle JS while we're still trying to get basic functionality lmao
incredible to think you came up with the idea of clustered controls in the context menu so long before Windows 11's debut! I love this concept & hope MS implements i...

Thanks @josh_bodner. After today's/this week's update, I no longer see the sidebar button that cannot be removed.

Edit: Unfortunately, though, the Extensions panel is broken, like others have reported. (I'm still not a fan of the Extensions button/panel, I did notice it can now be removed without flooding the bar with extensions icons. Thanks for that.  I still prefer the old design option to make some extension buttons available through the "..." (Settings and more...) button.)

The extensions menu is fixed in Canary as of today, so the next Dev update should have that fix as well!
que ahora tenemos "Favoritos", "Colecciones" y "Lista de lectura"? ¿Cuál es la diferencia entre ellos?

Para futuras versiones, también puede agregar "biblioteca" y "archivo" con la misma funcionalidad pero diferentes botones:smiling_face_with_