Dev channel update to 100.0.1156.1 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders, it’s a historic day today!  First, we’re releasing build 100.0.1156.1 to the Dev channel, which as you can see, is the first build of version 100!  Second, we’re excited to announce that the long-awaited capability to sign into the browser with a work or school account on Linux is now enabled by default!  This functionality will be available in Beta and Stable once version 100 hits those channels, as usual. 

Community-wise, we’d like to hear from you!  Please consider taking our regularly-scheduled survey here to tell us how we’re doing in our engagement with you and how we can do better:  https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2187016

We’ve also got an overview of the work we’ve been doing in our extensions download website to improve extension discoverability:  https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/articles/microsoft-edge-add-ons-new-features-to-improve-exten....  As well as some new functionality in Dev Tools that lets you un-minify your code for easier debugging:  https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2022/02/03/unminifying-function-names-in-devtools-performance-pr...

As for everything else that’s new and exciting in the browser: 

Added features: 

• Added info to the Performance Hub about how much savings Sleeping Tabs are providing. 
  • Enabled by default the Rewards hub. 

Improved reliability: 

• Fixed a crash when searching for words in a PDF. 
  • Fixed a crash when signing into the browser. 
  • Fixed a crash when using Guest mode windows. 
  • Fixed a crash when sending feedback. 
  • Fixed an issue where the Rewards Hub crashes. 
  • Fixed a crash on Mac when using Read Aloud. 
  • Fixed a hang when viewing tooltips or other popups that appear when hovering over IE mode tabs. 

Changed behavior: 

• Changed the JavaScript Share API to call the new Share flyout when available. 
  • Changed Startup Boost to be enablable even when conflicting extensions are present. 
  • Fixed an issue where Find on Page sometimes gets stuck and can’t advance to the next match when iterating through all the matches. 
  • Fixed an issue where clicking a misspelled word sometimes doesn’t bring up the spellcheck suggestions card to fix it. 
  • Fixed an issue where the setting to Open System Preferences For Captions doesn’t work. 
  • Fixed an issue with WebView2 apps where the IsMuted attribute can’t be set if media isn’t playing (Issue 2120). 

Known issues: 

• Users of certain ad blocking extensions may experience playback errors on YouTube.  As a workaround, temporarily disabling the extension should allow playback to proceed.  See this help article for more details. 
  • Some users are still running into an issue where all tabs and extensions immediately crash with a STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error.  The most common cause of this error is outdated security or antivirus software from vendors like Symantec, and in those cases, updating that software will fix it. 
  • Users of the Kaspersky Internet Suite who have the associated extension installed may sometimes see webpages like Gmail fail to load.  This failure is due to the main Kaspersky software being out of date, and is thus fixed by making sure the latest version is installed. 
  • Some users are seeing “wobbling” behavior when scrolling using trackpad gestures or touchscreens, where scrolling in one dimension also causes the page to subtly scroll back and forth in the other.  Note that this only affects certain websites and seems to be worse on certain devices.  This is most likely related to our ongoing work to bring scrolling back to parity with Edge Legacy’s behavior, so if this behavior is undesirable, you can temporarily turn it off by disabling the edge://flags/#edge-experimental-scrolling flag. 

Since 100 is now in Dev, you should also see 99 in Beta shortly! 

41 Replies
White colour around the address bar, can not see home button favs etc. reported on the feedback button.
Settings appearance click on default theme, until fix is made.

@josh_bodner 

Immediately after updating to the latest dev version, the Bitwarden extension started to crash when attempting to enter the username or password. Since it is an extension, I wouldn't normally mention the crash here. But since it happened directly after updating, I thought it might be beneficial.

Jira cloud's broken again. It was broken 2 drops ago in 99, fixed in the last drop, and broken again today.

Issue view is completely borked and only semi readable if you shrink window width.

On Linux.
Cannot open edge://settings/privacy.
DevTools console shows
>Error: Unexpected condition on edge://settings/privacy: Could not find value for use_nss_certs
Also, as a result, cannot perform Clear browsing data(Ctrl+Shift+Del) which requires opening edge://settings/privacy.
100.0.1156.1 still have this critical bug and this bug is elevated to beta 99.0.1150.11 now. Will this bug be released as v99? As like as "Optimize Performance section(in edge://settings/system) is not displayed" bug which had been introduced on 97.0.1072.8(dev) and was fixed on 99.0.1131.3(dev) but was released on 98.0.1108.43(stable). Too bad.

@asdy4  Any of the lighter themes that have dark text are usable.

Edge crashed when attempt to download(dot.net and https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/releases)

me too. I have changed theme, to downloaded from ms store (in preferences there is a button). It changed background color
Right-click in "Network" tab in DevTools is broken - nothing happens when I right-click.

@josh_bodner 如果显示主题不为默认主题,在除了EDGE dev反馈.png任务栏窗口和地址栏之外的所有地方均不能正常显示主题颜色

@josh_bodner +1 on the "broken theme" list. Everything is white and it stays this way, regardless of restarts and/or selecting another theme.

@josh_bodner I get immediately signed in (e.g. on techcommunity.microsoft.com) with the account I'm signed into Edge. All "automatic profile sign-in / switch" settings are off. I use multiple edge profiles and I definitely don't want to be automatically signed in wherever the browser thinks it can. 

The vertical tab bar has a light (white) background. Should be dark (system default).

benpal_0-1644490445621.png

Update: Appearance reverts to Dark once the Default Theme is clicked. 

benpal_0-1644490658124.png

Everything ok for me, using Edge dev on linux
Hi, trying to login to work account (AAD) on linux. Edge crashes at the moment I approve login in microsoft authenticator app

@josh_bodner

Die vertikale Tableiste wird lediglich bei Standard bei Systemstandard, Hell und Dunkel einwandfrei angezeigt. Jedoch andersfarbige Designs werden nicht korrekt ausgewiesen, sondern stattdessen in der Farbe Rot. :sad:

Lustigeslieschen_0-1644500012882.png

Same here,
Cannot open edge://settings/privacy
blank screen

linux