Dev channel build 80.0.334.2 - Slow Performance

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm currently running this build on two different PCs, and on both the general performance is really poor. For example, 15 seconds to initally show a web page, and over a minute to load all of the images, compared to about 5 seconds to load everything in the original (non-Chromium) Edge.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

- Chris

8 Replies

@SolutionMania 

I seem to be getting the exact same behaviour. I'm on a business fibre connection and when running a speed test in Chrome I get 18ms ping, >300Mbps download and >150Mbps upload. If I immediately run the same speed test in Edge Dev afterwards I get >250ms ping, and usually below 100Mbps download and sometimes as low as 10Mbps upload.

I've tried several things including restarting and reinstalling the browser, as well as reinstalling Edge Dev, but nothing seems to help. It's definitely only happened in this latest build because my speeds were absolutely fine before I updated.

Hopefully some more people are experiencing this and we get a response from Microsoft soon, as apart from this I'm loving the browser and have already started using it more than Chrome!

I start getting the exact same behaviour after upgrade to version 80.0.334.2.

@banjoboy96 

Glad it's not just me! Is there a better place I should be reporting this other than in the forums, do you know?

Hi,
during that time you're waiting for the page to fully load, does the Edge insider's window become unresponsive/laggy?

@SolutionMania 

@SolutionMania wrote:

@banjoboy96 

Glad it's not just me! Is there a better place I should be reporting this other than in the forums, do you know?

There are 2 other ways

https://microsoftedgesupport.microsoft.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

and if you click on the smiley icon at the top right corner of the browser

1.png

Annotation 2019-11-23 152721.png

@HotCakeX 

No, the Edge insider's window  is fully responsive, but it slow loads the content.

@HotCakeX 

Now the build is  80.0.334.3  and everything is fine now. Pages are loading fast now.

Alright that's good!