Dev channel build 77.0.218.4 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders!  Today we released build 77.0.218.4 to the Microsoft Edge Developer channel.  We’ve got some new features, many of which you’ve seen over the past week in Canary and have been eagerly waiting for in Dev.  Additionally, we have now turned on several new languages on the insider website and added an Enterprise page with offline installer and policy samples.  We’ve also fixed quite a few reliability and behavior issues, the most significant of which include: 

New features and behavior: 

• Added more strings to the translation work
  • Prevent IE-Mode in Application Guard containers
  • Ability to set text size and background theme in Reading View is now under flag.
  • Ability to use dark mode on downlevel Windows versions 7, 8 & 8.1
  • Search box now clears content with Esc or “x” button

Fixes for improved reliability: 

• Fixed a crash on Extensions page.
  • Fixed a crash in API keys
  • Fixed a crash while opening PDFs
  • Fix crash in Sync service
  • Fix crash due to cached call in renderer
  • Fix deadlock in Windows, where Microsoft Edge blocks shutdown.
  • Fix crash in JSON parser

Fixes for improved behavior:

• Fix preventing URL redirection in Application Guard.
  • Fix to prevent creation of database until needed (performance)
  • Subpage headers display the number of search results.
  • Fix to close Profile UI on sign-in
  • Dev Tools support using OS theme color on Windows 10
  • Fix color contrast for selected favorites
  • Fixed Copy / Paste keyboard shortcuts on macOS
  • Fix for z-order on history page
  • Fixed transparency issue on First Run Experience
  • Strengthened launching logic for PDF to specified file names and paths
  • Fix to show FavIcons in Favorites management page.
  • Fix for account removal in Identity
  • Fix for sign-in where account pop-up was not topmost window.
  • Fix for data imports from Chrome and Edge during First Run experience.
50 Replies

@solitonmedic  That would be awesome!

@solitonmedic 

The speedbump to that is when sites have similar icons.  Maybe, if both existed, all & individual, so name could show if & when necessary to distinguish between similar ones.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Where is IE mode? It’s just disappeared when I have upgraded to new version.

Hello!

After upgrade to 77.0.218.4, IE Mode completely disappears. #edge-internet-explorer-integration = IEMode, but there is no menu item to show page in IE.
Tell me please, how IEMode works now?

Regards,

Mikolaj

你看看快捷方式属性里面是不是勾选了以管理员身份运行此程序,如果没有的话重新装一下就好了

@welzewool @Kyle_Wu @Elliot Kirk 

This is a known issue. Everyone keep reporting it to Mr. :)  It surely will be corrected soon.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@welzewool Also missing that option here. Pretty much the main reason to use the new Edge at work... :(

@TopMarks15 

Hi ____,

It's sounding as if everyone has the same issue.  The Team has been notified & likely will have this rectified asap.  But, still, submit it to :) The more instances & data they have the better.  And it's both Dev and Canary.

Btw, for "at work" IE is, always, available in Win10; without any need for Edge C.  Start > Windows Accessories (folder) > IE. Can (then) be pinned to taskbar.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Hi Drew

IE is being phased out of Edge slowly but surely, as it progresses to the New phase of Edge, eventually Edge will be a stand alone browser, without dependencies on Chrome or any other, It will be a completely new all singing all dancing whoopee browser.

I am blind and I use Dolphin Supernova without any glitches at all.  Well done Microsoft, I have no accessibility problems at all.  

Gerry

@Elliot Kirk  hey please add built-in vpn and data saver for people who have limited bandwith

Mr Authentic

I totally agree with you on the VPN aspect, as it is needed by all on the Internet, its always a very expensive commodity just for basic security protection, something that Microsoft could do well looking into, especially in today's climate of cyber crime.  

@Elliot Kirk 

In the new TAB, there is an exception in the news stream when it opens.

@Elliot Kirk 

In the new TAB, there is an exception in the news stream when it opens.

BetterSnapTool on macos does not work with Edge browser. Is there any way to fix this? @Elliot Kirk 

Yep, same issue encountered, no more IE mode in the menus

@Drew1903 

I dunno.  I'd like to think so.  But I can say, as a front line IT guy for a few thousand, I still get this a LOT:

"What's Edge?"  MOST people are not going to rush out to upgrade.  MOST people don't even know what this is or why they should care.  Or not.  Those that aren't FF or Chrome dedicated users will use the default browser whatever that may be.  This is very likely the huge majority.  So I'M hoping that Edgium will be the new default by 1909.  I like the direction this browser is headed.  Kudos to the dev team here.  Good job so far

alright。。。thks

Hi everyone is that only me here who has problem with LastPass extension? it works for a few days then it stops for some reasons and then again i reinstalling it and again and again since i have this browser. Any update for this in the future?

@Elliot Kirk 

I quite liked the new checkbox, dropdown and button style that came with the previous dev build. It makes it stands out from Chromium.

@Kacuu 

No I have the same problem with TweakPass, but my last post on that was deleted, it works in Edge but not Edge C.