delete closed tabs in new Chromium

Copper Contributor

Not sure if this is the place, BUT, my laptop was "given" the new Chromium Edge last week. How in the world do I delete "recently closed tabs?" the clearing history does NOT work and clearing everything from last 24hrs does not work. no matter what I do, I still get a list of recently closed tabs... although the browsing history will have been cleared. The tabs that WILL NOT clear are not internet sites, but rather, "settings, history, favorites, etc". anything that I did from the settings drop down box page. HELP please !?

4 Replies

@rel8989 Thanks for reaching out. If I'm understanding your question correctly, you should be able to simply delete those recent tabs by navigating to edge://history/recentlyClosed. Hopefully that helps!

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Thanks fawkes. I have tried that and it doesn't clear everything. It will clear internet sites but not settings tabs etc. Very annoying. And random. Have been experimenting with opening and closing and it's no real clear pattern of what it empties. I dont want to clear "all history and open tabs" JUST the list of recently closed tabs. Can easily see them but they dont always go away. Other suggestions ?

@Deleted 

hello again, about an hour later, again, after experimenting with emptying history in the new chromium edge, NONE of the recently closed tabs are cleared when I clear history. all past open tabs from today stay there after i clear history. both internet sites and other tabs. I made a long history including browsing and settings, history, other settings visits. . all of the "browsing history" clears from the history list , BUT it remains in closed tabs. SO what now?!

@rel8989 I appreciate you giving it a try. I've reached out to our History team and will let you know if they have any insights to share!

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge