Delayed trigger of extension in Edge

Brass Contributor

Hello, I would like to report a bug in the Edge browser. I am using an extension in my browser for SSO. However, when I open my browser, the extension is triggered late which delays the authentication process. I am still asked to log in my credentials (this shouldn't be the behavior when the SSO extension is enabled). And when I refresh my page (without typing my creds), the extension now works.

I noticed that this issue was experienced in Edge version 87. But my browser updated to the latest version which is 88. I would like to know what specific changes in the update fixed this issue? Thank you for answering!

3 Replies
Hi,
please report bugs/problems/suggestions using the feedback button on Edge
press Edge (...) menu => help and feedback => send feedback
that way, Edge will send additional details and data about your situation that are helpful in fixing the problem.
you can also use this online form if your organization doesn't allow the feedback from Edge.
https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/support

@HotCakeX thanks! I already sent a feedback last week but how will I monitor my feedback? I haven't heard from the microsoft team yet.

They will send you emails if they have any updates on the feedback or if they need further details from you :)