Defender needs to be udpated very hard

Deleted
Not applicable

If you go to translategoogle.com it somtiems redirects to a site that is blocked by defender smartscreen but sometimes it goes to this. 

http://crashalertbce8cb4a2h9f2e.online/US7JAN17/EOOEdChsjsjhskhkasdRVU0P/?_event=d37409e353b2c2444f7...

a fake microsfot website. please do soemthing

12 Replies

Hey @Deleted, just to double check - are you accessing the site exactly as you've written here? 

You need to visit translate.google.com to get to Google Translate. It looks like someone has purchased translategoogle.com and is using it for malicious redirects, and SmartScreen is behaving as expected when it blocks the redirects.

For the site that got past SmartScreen, or for any unsafe sites you come across while browsing, you can report it directly via Edge's "…" menu in the top right > Help and feedback > Report unsafe site, and let us know what you're seeing. 

Good Morning Alex!! Thanks for replying, yes, I accidentally did a typo since I am a fast Typer and accidentally went to that site. It seems that this site can have multiple sites in its redirection list. It means that sometimes you get this fake tech support page with popups or another. One of those redirects has been blocked by the defender but the rest has not.

Yes, I have sent feedback and reported it. I just wanted to know if defender is going to be updated to block sites from redirecting to bad sites if it has a unsafe fake site origin.

I see that Norton Safe Web was able to block it.

One more thing, if I look up to report a bad file or site to the defender team, I can report a tech scam it has an option to put an email to get a response. It would be great if Edge can have that as well.

Thank you,

Shawn
Nothing is being downloaded by that website, if it did and if it was malicious, it would get blocked by Windows Defender.
Maybe I need to clarify, that website sometimes redirects to these fake webpages, one has a background of a legit Microsoft page and the other is a MacAfee one. It has tons of poups that is warning you have a virus, it has tonsf fake popups of a scanner scanning nd a page talking this is microsfot please contact the number if you close the tab, you will lose data. I know it is all fake but this is a phishing site that needs to be blocked. I know nothing is being downloaded
They shouldn't be able to do anything in Edge with all the protection modules in place, just don't download things you don't know.
Yes, I understand there is multiple protection modules in place to protect me from phising sites but the thing is that norton/macafee web extensions blocked those sites since it was phissning.
I wont' download but this is phissning site and should be blocked. Someone may accidently actually call it. It is a fake website and something needs to be done.
Okay, Alexandra-R, already explained what to do in that case.
Yes, I have reported it to the right teams but I wanted to make sure that my feedback isn't over looked in the feedback hub and that I get a official response that this been updated
this has nothing to do with feedback hub, nothing is being overlooked. it's a website:
https://feedback.smartscreen.microsoft.com/feedback.aspx
Sorry about the feedback hub, I forgot that was in another thread. I have reported these bad sites over and over with the microsfot edge feedback and haven't gotten a response. Yes, I have reported that using that site