Dealing with Duplicate Favorites

Silver Contributor

Something new or maybe not..  For those that have asked for a way to remove Duplicate Favorites when syncing is done...

New on Version 81.0.407.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Favorites Button

Annotation 2020-01-28 125316.jpg

 Favorites Menu

Annotation 2020-01-28 125415.jpg

Don't know if this is a rollout feature or not, but I have it on my version of Canary to test...

Dennis5mile

10 Replies

@Dennis5mile 

Results......

Annotation 2020-01-28 132650.jpg

Dennis5mile

This is good, I don't have any duplicates at the moment, and since it's not possible to create duplicated favorites manually and intentionally (because you can't add the same URL twice to the favorites) I hope I never see it but **bleep** you had 3 thousands duplicates.
" I hope I never see it but **bleep** you had 3 thousands duplicates." lol yep.. I almost fell over when I saw that.. hahahahaha......

Dennis5mile
For the record I have around 500 favorites ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

@HotCakeX wrote:
For the record I have around 500 favorites ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

@HotCakeX 

Just checked and this is where I stand as of today...

Screenshot_20200128-173607.png

Dennis5mile

Holly Molly!
you literally bookmarked the entire world wide web XD

now you can browser the web without a search engine :)

@HotCakeX wrote:
Holly Molly!
you literally bookmarked the entire world wide web XD

now you can browser the web without a search engine :)

@HotCakeX 

lol, guess that happens when you have been surfing the net for a whole lot of yearssssss, and working in computer labs in a locale college way back when.. etc... Some links are almost 30 years old.. hahahaha.

My first computer was before there was anything called windows. It was an old IBM that I built from spare parts from a computer lab I was in way back in my going to college days. There was no hard drives then. You had a 5 1/4" floppy which had your program, which you loaded into your pc, and then you remove it and put a blank 5 1/4 in to store your data on... 

Here is a photo of that PC...

IMG_20200129_084453961.jpg

ahhhh the days of yester year.....

Dennis5mile

Dang, that feeling of nostalgia, my generation never had to deal with floppy disks,
if you really have time you should recheck those bookmarks cause i'm sure lots of them are pointing to nowhere now since they are too old and the web servers hosting those sites are either down or their URLs/domains have changed, happens to me sometimes when my bookmarks are few years old (3-4 years)

@Dennis5mile 

Running MS-DOS and floppy disks beats using punch cards...

hahahaha.. forgot about punch cards..... lol Don't remember ever using them, but they were part of my studies as a "in the beginning" classes I had t take, way, way back when....

Dennis5mile