SOLVED

Day 5 of quarantine - still no Edge Canary update

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
MVP

I know the Edge team is working from home and work days/weekends don't matter much anymore, for anyone actually. but i was expecting by Monday (today) we get a new update for Canary channel. last one we got was 5 days ago.

3 Replies

@HotCakeX So glad to hear that you're excited about the next Canary update. While we strive for multiple updates per week, sometimes issues arise that change the timeline. It looks like there might have been some complicating factors with this build.

Generally, we do not communicate about Canary; however, if there are any planned interruptionswe will be sure to post about them, like this blog post regarding Stable. :)

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
hhmm, so going 3 days of no updates on a channel that normally gets updated every day (Mon-Fri), doesn't warrant some sort of post from the team. There are those of us that look forward to testing new features and such from Canary and use nothing but Canary.... Definitely not what I'd expect from this team..... Even though you owe us nothing, it would just be polite to post something....... Just say'n

A simple "Hey guys/gals, we ran into a slight problem and the next Canary update is going to be delayed a bit. We'll get it out to you all as soon as we can. Thanks for your patients while we sort this out.... The Team."

Please also understand, I am very patient and look forward to the next update whenever it comes.

Dennis5milepatientlywaiting
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

@Dennis5mile If you and @HotCakeX haven't tried yet, you should see a Canary update now.

Going forward, please send either myself or Fawkes a private message here on the forums to see if there's a status update that we haven't communicated. These types of threads will be considered content-free posts and removed in the future. While we absolutely love how excited you guys are about these channel updates, if there will be a major delay, it will be announced via Twitter and/or the blog (typically both, like we did on Friday about our Stable pause). Appreciate the understanding in this.

Missy Quarry (she/her/hers)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

@Dennis5mile If you and @HotCakeX haven't tried yet, you should see a Canary update now.

Going forward, please send either myself or Fawkes a private message here on the forums to see if there's a status update that we haven't communicated. These types of threads will be considered content-free posts and removed in the future. While we absolutely love how excited you guys are about these channel updates, if there will be a major delay, it will be announced via Twitter and/or the blog (typically both, like we did on Friday about our Stable pause). Appreciate the understanding in this.

Missy Quarry (she/her/hers)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

View solution in original post