Customise Page layout. Only Office 365

Copper Contributor

Hi!
Once, after a fresh installation of Windows 10 and a new Edge, I had the opportunity to leave only the Office 365 layout on the start page. But then the Microsoft News layout appeared again. For a corporate environment, I want to remove all news and leave only the Office 365 layout. Once it somehow worked out, but since then I cannot repeat this trick. I was so surprised then that I took a screenshot to tell my colleagues about it. I thought it would be available to everyone, but since then I have never seen such a menu again! Help to do it again and that it will stay for a long time. Can this be configured through policies?
PS. I do not want to turn off the entire feed, I actively use the feed that Office 365 provides me and it is very convenient to immediately see all the documents with which I have worked recently. I want to be able to disable only the news feed! Edge for corporate use.
Edge.png

1 Reply

@InfoKeeperUA 

Hi,

please refer to this page, it explains everything you are looking for.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-policies#newtabpagesetfeedtype

The content that is presented to the user can be controlled via the Microsoft 365 admin center.

To get to the Microsoft 365 admin center, sign in at https://admin.microsoft.com with your admin account.

Lets you choose either the Microsoft News or Office 365 feed experience for the new tab page.

When you set this policy to 'News', users will see the Microsoft News feed experience on the new tab page.

When you set this policy to 'Office', users with an Azure Active Directory browser sign-in will see the Office 365 feed experience on the new tab page.

If you disable or don't configure this policy:

• Users with an Azure Active Directory browser sign-in are offered the Office 365 new tab page feed experience, as well as the standard new tab page feed experience.

• Users without an Azure Active Directory browser sign-in will see the standard new tab page experience.

If you configure this policy and the NewTabPageLocation policy, NewTabPageLocation has precedence.

Default setting: Disabled or not configured.