Custom Profile image upload to Edge Profile.

Brass Contributor

Good Day Team

Most of liked to upload custom profile image upload in Browser or Edge Profile. 

Thank you

6 Replies

Hi @logeshpalani30, we support this for MSA account right now, but not for local profiles.  I will let the Identity team know about your feedback.

Thanks!

@Elliot Kirk 

I'd like to renew a push for this option.  The pre-defined images choices are, well, silly, and I don't think it's unreasonable to ask to be able to customize your profile picture for non-MS accounts.

Please allow custom profile images, the included images are okay but for example, when managing several different customers on Office 365 and using one profile for each, it would be better if I could use a familiar image for each of them

Same post as LRCROW posted in January 2020 : I'd like to renew a push for this option as well. The pre-defined images choices are, well, silly, and I don't think it's unreasonable to ask to be able to customize your profile picture for non-MS accounts

I would like to upwote the request as well.
I work i an small IT Consultant firm, where I'm managing 7 tenants, all from same server.
I have a Microsoft Edge Icon, for each of the profiles.
But for me to seperate the icons, i am using the builtin icons, but they dont help me a lot.
For example, I use Basket icon, to a company that starts with "B", and Sushi for another company that starts with "F" (for Food, which was the best I could do)
Please open up, for this feature.
I would like to have the possibility to use my own picture, or to type in a 2 or 3 letter text. Instead of the default icon group.
Thanks !

@logeshpalani30  As the other posters have already written, it seems rediculous that anyone, whether they have a microsoft registered account or not, cannot choose custom images for their profile.  Many people use browsers like edge, but would rather not link their online experience to their identity, or other computer usages (MS Office, email, YouTube, &c.)  I know I want to protect my privacy and don’t want to involuntarily participate in my own commoditisation.  Please, Microsoft, give all users as much freedom to customise and personalise their use of your browser, including profile pictures.  If we wanted to be standardised, commoditised clones, we would used Google Chrome….