Creating new Favourite not working as expected when done from Favourites bar

Copper Contributor

From the Favourites bar if you browse to one of your existing Favourites folders, then right click on the Favourites folders it brings up the context menu. In the context menu if you select “Add this page to favourites”, it brings up the dialog box which gives you the option of giving the new favourite, a name and also the option to select the folder drop down to where it will create the folder. Now because you have right clicked on an existing Favourites folders it would be logical that you want to create the bookmark in that existing folder and therefore I would have expected the folder you right clicked on to be the default folder in the drop down list in the dialog box but unfortunately it is not.

As a side note but related, I fully appreciate this is MS Edge and not Google Chrome but if you do this same test in Chrome you will see it behaves as I would a have expected … MS Developers please could you consider correct this behaviour … don’t want to give Chrome fans a reason not to move to MS Edge :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes: BTW very nice job you have done with EDGE, keep up the good work.

0 Replies