SOLVED

Create shortcut on desktop

Brass Contributor

Is it still possible to add another feature to Edge Chromium?

I would love to be able to do like in IE11 where you right click on text in a web page and choose Create a Shortcut and it creates a shortcut to that web page on your Desktop.

I use this all the time and is the only reason I've enabled IE Mode in Edge Chromium.

26 Replies

@ppnacho 

Spoiler

@ppnacho wrote:

@HotCakeX 

I made the video in a virtual machine of windows 7. But the same thing happens with windows 10.

If I didn't say anything before ... it was because I didn't know until I tried it.

@HotCakeX, I really appreciate all your contributions and all your participation in this forum, no doubt with the intention of helping others ... but sometimes you offer people "alternatives" that is not what they are looking for. I think that in this forum, we comment on the things we like about IE11, the old edge or even other browsers and that we would like to keep on the new edge. There will be many obsolete things that for many will not be worth anything but that for others are essential. It is as if we have been crossing a bridge from home to work for 20 years and suddenly they put a wall in the middle of the bridge that does not allow us to pass. If the alternative is to take a bridge 1 km below because I do not like it, I prefer to remove the wall. If in the end they do not remove the wall, I will hold on and I will have to take the other bridge, but at least I will try to say that blocking the bridge with a wall is not a good idea and that there are many people who use it. I think this is the purpose of this forum. That said, I thank you again for all your good intentions to help people in this forum.

There may be people who don't care about the shortcut icons but I don't care. And I imagine there will be more people who think like me. I only comment on this forum, in case those responsible for the development of edge have any suggestions or can transfer this incident to whoever corresponds.

Anyway, I feel if my words are not correct, but that is what I think.

Thanks again to all for your help and comments.

Greetings

P.D: My native language is Spanish from Spain. I'm not good at English and I use the google translator. That is why I almost always put the text I write in Spanish in case the translation does not correspond faithfully with what I want to express.

--------------------------

(Spanish)

He realizado el video en una maquina virtual de windows 7. Pero ocurre lo mismo con windows 10.

Si antes no dije nada ... fue porque no lo sabia hasta que lo probe.

@HotCakeX, agradezco mucho todos tus aportes y toda tu participacion en este foro, sin duda con la intencion de ayudar a los demas ... pero en ocasiones le ofreces a la gente "alternativas" que no es lo que buscan. Creo que en este foro, comentamos las cosas que nos gustan del IE11, del edge viejo o incluso de otros navegadores y que nos gustaria mantener en el nuevo edge. Habra muchas cosas obsoletas que para muchos no valdran nada pero que para otros son esenciales. Es como si llevamos 20 años cruzando por un puente de casa al trabajo y de repente le ponen un muro en mitad del puente que no nos permite pasar. Si la alternativa es coger un puente 1 km mas abajo pues no me gusta, prefiero que retiren el muro. Si al final no retiran el muro me aguantare y tendre que coger el otro puente, pero al menos intentare decir que bloquear el puente con un muro no es una buena idea y que hay mucha gente que lo usa. Creo que esta es la finalidad de este foro. Dicho esto, vuelco a agradecerte todas tus buenas intenciones de ayudar a la gente en este foro.

Puede que haya gente a la que le da igual los iconos de los accesos directos pero a mi no me da igual. E imagino que habra mas gente que piensa como yo. Solo lo comento en este foro, por si los reponsables de desarrollo de edge tienen alguna sugerencia o puenden trasladar esta incidencia a quien corresponda.

En fin, siento si mis palabras no son correctas, pero es lo que pienso.

Gracias de nuevo a todos por vuestra ayuda y comentarios.

Un saludo

P.D: Mi idioma nativo es el español de España. El ingles no se me da nada bien y utilizo el traductor de google. Por eso casi siempre pongo el texto que escribo en español por si la traduccion no se corresponde fielmente con lo que quiero expresar.

I'm sure others can speak for themselves. so please don't go off-topic.

yes there may be people who don't care about the Icon and there may be people who care that's why I showed the alternative way. there is no problem with that.

in reality, the Internet explorer usage is too low, so relying on it for something as small as putting a shortcut on a desktop is not a good option, specially for Windows 10 users.

like I said IE is disabled by default (it is still installable).

and it's okay, you don't have to explain to me why you comment, it's not my business. 

@HotCakeX 

To my knowledge ... IE11 if it comes installed with the latest official version of windows 10 (May 2019) so to say that IE is disabled is not correct.

And we are not talking about creating shortcuts with IE11 but with the new Edge Chromiun. In the gif, I only check using IE11 as the icon reappears without creating the shortcut. That's why I decline more because of a problem with windows and edge together. And how do I know this? Because I have spent time researching and when I speak I do not speak.

And surely the use of IE11 is much less than a few years ago, but from what I read in this forum, there are still many people who continue to use it for different reasons. So don't be the one who says it's "few people" and not "worth it."

Greetings and have a nice day

----

Que yo sepa ... IE11 si viene instalado con la ultima version oficial de windows 10 (mayo 2019) por lo que decir que IE esta deshabilitado no es correcto.

Y no estamos hablando de crear accesos directos con IE11 sino con el nuevo Edge Chromiun. En el gif, solo compruebo usando el IE11 como el icono reaparece sin necesidad de crear el acceso directo. Por eso me declino mas por un problema de windows y edge juntos. Y como se esto? Pues porque me he pasado tiempo investigando y cuando hablo no hablo por hablar.

Y seguramente el uso de IE11 es mucho menor que hace unos años, pero por lo que leo en este foro, aun hay mucha gente que por diferentes razones lo sigue usando. Asi que no seas tu la que dice que es "poca gente" y que no "vale la pena".

Un saludo y que tengas un buen dia

It's probably because I'm using Windows 10 insider build 19018 which has Internet explorer disabled by default but don't worry, the changes will come eventually to everyone.

I'm not talking about people in the forum, I'm talking about stats and people in the world.

@HotCakeX 

Have a good day and thanks for your contributions to the forum!

You have a good day as well

@HotCakeXI don't know how you get the idea that Internet Explorer is disabled in Windows 10 but it definitely is not disabled. You can run it at any time in any version of Windows 10 just by searching for it.

I'm on Windows insider.