Cortana on edge.

Iron Contributor

I have a kida crazy Idea for Cortana in edge and specifically Cortana period.

Add her into edge but make her UI backend a web app PWA.  This way when the call for cortana happens from Edge, Cortana on Android, Ms Launcher, W10, Xbox, glass, ios  etc....its the same UI across devices. 

From my limited understanding she lives in the cloud and is powered by it like an edge computing device. I believe that this is how the speaker (invoke) and Glass work.  This would give her capability in any edge browser on what ever platform it runs on. It would sort of be like the skype bot but instead a native upw win10exp that is also inside edge this way you can use her in edge and ues her with voice in edge where ever you are just by logging into edge. as a uwp you could resize her and move her where you need her.  This might also increase overall usage.

This would of course include her Ask Cortana edge capability.

I'd also love to see (not that this is the right place) cortana suggestions in all search bars across all ms software like she does in current edge. Perhaps set the standard with Chromium Edge and use that funcion in other apps like for example ms launcher or office.  

Put her everywhere.

3 Replies

@Kris_Petrin thanks for the suggestion. This is interesting...

No Cortana on Edge, if you want her, can be placed as optional extension.

@Octavian20604 

If my suggestion is implimented then you would not have to have her. As a PWA you could uninstall it.