Copy profiles created in Edge Canary/Developer/Beta to Edge Stable?

Iron Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible top copy/export/import profiles created in Edge Canary/Developer/Beta to Edge Stable?

Best regards,
Dennis.

5 Replies

Same question here, importing data from Edge Beta to the Stable Release isn't an option from what I see, and both my Beta version and the Stable version I installed today are even the exact same build revisions numbers.  I know I can export my Edge Beta favorites to an html file and import those, but there should be a way to import all profile settings I would hope.

Any news? After installing stable I have the same question.

@Markus-B @dmutsaers @Jonathan OBrien 

Thanks for reaching out. Do you all have MSA accounts by chance? If so, anything tied to that profile should sync across the Edge versions/channels. (If you only have local profiles, those likely won't sync across channels.)

Another Insider posted some troubleshooting steps in another thread which might also be helpful: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/move-quot-profile-settings-quot-from-dev-to-stabl...

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted Yes, my default profile is connected to a "work" account in Azure AD, and there I have no problem. However, my other 30+ profiles aren't, and I don't feel the need to sync them to a Microsoft or Work account. However, it would be a great feature if I were able to migrate from and to another Edge update channel, or from and to another workstation, for that matter.

Best regards,
Dennis.

@dmutsaers Thanks for confirming, and I'll make a note of that feedback for the team.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge