Cool (possible) new Edge features

Microsoft

Hey everyone,

I don't really have any data to back this, but I've been thinking about some possible cool features for Microsoft Edge. I'm curious if anyone else shares similar thoughts based on their browsing experience. I think it would be cool if:

1. Edge had a feature that would allow users (re)name each tab they have open. After opening multiple tabs, especially ones with similar names, I tend to lose track of what each website (tab) is really for. This feature could allow users to describe, in their own words, what each tab they're using is about.

2. Edge had a feature that would allow users group/'tag' multiple tabs (in the same or in different windows). I sometimes find myself having to open multiple tabs while doing research or getting work done. This feature could allow users to easily group and access different tabs based on which ones serve a common purpose.

Please let me know your thoughts, especially if you can relate.

2 Replies

@Toch_Odita Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to our MSFT Edge Insider community!

1. Interesting suggestion. When you have multiple similar tabs open, do you typically use them over the course of one browsing session, or do you return to them several times?

2. Great news, you can enable Tab Grouping yourself! Paste the flag edge://flags/#tab-groups into your browser, mark Tab Grouping as "enabled," then restart Microsoft Edge.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted Thanks for your response.

1) It depends usually if I'm at school or work. At school, I could be doing research and having to open multiple tabs to get a project done. Then, I'm a bit more likely to return to the tabs several times. But at work, I'd typically open multiple tabs over the course of one browsing session.

2) That's a cool feature I didn't know of. Thanks!