Controlling auto profile switching

MVP

macOS Edge, currently on 97.0.1072.62

I have two profiles: one for work and one for home.

I want all my work SPO/ODB URLs ( think "contoso.sharepoint.com" and "contoso-my.sharepoint.com") to always open in the work profile. However, macOS doesn't seem to have any way to do this directly.

I got the switch prompt for a contoso-my.sharepoint.com link and told Edge to use the work profile. So that URL pattern switches properly, and it shows up in the profile list of auto-switch URLs.

However, the "contoso.sharepoint.com" links don't *ever* prompt me to switch, and there are no controls on this build to let me manually add them-- I can remove or edit existing links, but not add a new one.

I also found the Edge plist doesn't have any profile information (AFAICT) so it's not clear to me whether I can do this programmatically (which would be great if so; I could automate it for our other users).

Any way to force this to behave the way I want?

2 Replies
Yes, without this capability the auto profile switching is of (very) limited value. I've only been asked which profile to use for one website to date, and while the Profile Preferences for sites suggests that I can add websites to the list, there doesn't appear to be any way to do it.

The option now appears in macOS however the auto switching doesn't work on any of the machines I have tested, seems to be working fine on Windows though.