Collections flyout redesigned

Bronze Contributor

From the past few weeks, the Edge team is busy giving a makeover to the various flyouts like Favorites and History. Today, in Canary build 89.0.742.0, shortly after updating, I received the update flyout for Collections! 

image.png

Looks neat and it loads faster now. Not sure if it is a Controlled Feature Rollout.

Anyone else who received it?

7 Replies
That's a nice change, web page content are no longer pushed to the side when opening the collections panel, but yes it's a controlled feature rollout
Did they fixed the overflow-x bug with zoom > 100% (I haven't received this update)?
@Rohit Yadav I got it!

@msekmfb1 

@msekmfb1 wrote:
Did they fixed the overflow-x bug with zoom > 100% (I haven't received this update)?

yes, almost. they added a second horizontal scrollbar to the top so no option is hidden anymore when zoom is high, like 175% or even 200%.

at high levels of zoom, the beginning of collection items will still fall under the UI, but compared to how it was before, it's been improved a lot.

tested on Edge Version 89.0.743.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

I see they have a better solution: they completely disabled zoom support for Favorites & History flyouts, I hope they will do the same with Collections
I was hoping for this redesign, +1 for it.

@msekmfb1 

@msekmfb1 wrote:
I see they have a better solution: they completely disabled zoom support for Favorites & History flyouts, I hope they will do the same with Collections

Yes true, that would make sense