Collections - collect all or selected tabs in one operation

Copper Contributor

While Collections 'open all' function is welcome for opening webpages contained in a collection, please can we have the reverse operation also - to save all open (or all selected open) tabs to directly to a collection.

As an editorial researcher, putting together large sets of research material from websites to be shared with colleagues for discussion is important. Until now, two chrome plugins, Fresh Start and Export Tabs have served this purpose. A save all/selected function in Collections would make these workarounds redundant.

8 Replies

@jjcharlesworth 

Also, please auto name it the current date and(maybe) the timestamp. If this is going to replace the set tabs aside, I need to be able to quickly save them and keep working. Also, they need to make it more accessible, like one click or maybe 2 and it's saved accessible. 

@cjc2112 

I hit Copy All for a bunch of site I have in a collection.  Wanted to paste them in a similarly named collection in another Edge Channel. I could not figure paste.  Does it not do that?  After Copy then how are they pasted & to where?

Cheers,
Drew

@Drew1903 I don't know. Collections isn't even in Beta (which is what I've resorted to using because favorites syncing is broken on Can and Dev), and isn't going to make it to the release. They still have a lot of work to do.

One place they might have gone is your clipboard. Hit Start, type in clipboard, click clipboard settings, turn on clipboard history, and then it might appear there for you to paste somewhere. If that fails, you can still export it to word and excel, but you probably don't want to do that since your asking about copying and pasting.

@cjc2112 

Actually, they are, indeed, in Clipboard. Suppose I should have thought to look there. So, thanks for that thought.  And, of course, can be copy/pasted from there.  So, cool, that's sorted & off the list.  Certainly, the save to a location, also, does the trick, for later or permanent, as well.

BTW, to see Clipboard & its history all one has to do is hit Win+V 

Myself, I run all 3 Channels.  They are syncing ok, but, just a personal acc't, too.  Sounds like most of the sync issues have been with Work acc'ts, from what I read here. For me, Beta is too far behind, while, Dev & Canary both are usually ok.  Except for Canary losing its Dark web pages flag recently :sad:

Cheers,
Drew

@Drew1903My work account isn't able to sync, but Can and Dev will load changes I made in beta, but will fail to save new ones. Since edge doesn't specify if a fav is pinned when syncing, they show text every time it fails, meaning I have to manually fix it every time. Anyways, in stuck with beta.

Actually, Canary has its Dark flag back, now :lol:

Don't have to wear sunglasses at ones desk, now :cool:

Cheers,
Drew