SOLVED

Clipular (Extension) mimics Add notes!

Silver Contributor

I suddenly decided to look for Share extensions, to see IF there was anything.  Well, if you are interested, I found one called Clipular that, really, does (closely) mimic Add notes.  Yes, it means using an extension, FOR NOW, but, at least the desired functionality is achieved, for now.

Maybe, everyone, already, knows about this, if not, it is HERE

Oh, 1 shortcoming, it's not tied to OneNote

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

5 Replies

@Drew1903 

This shouldn't be needed at this time as there is now a Share function.

Gabriel

@v-gapart 

Of course, correct, Gabriel.  Indeed, many extensions & flags have been getting used & or sought after due to the lack of something, otherwise.  Ergo, both become less wanted/needed as there become fewer voids Users care to fill.  For many Insiders these are viewed as temporary measures of which one, theoretically can dispose as Edge C evolves.

This one is a prime example!  Cool you mentioned this for everyone.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

best response confirmed by Drew1903 (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@v-gapart 

Gabriel,

In this case/context, I must retract what I said as it does not apply and here is why... Share without Add notes is share what?  Clipular addressed/addresses the lack of Add notes; it, also, sharing was just a bonus. And for anyone not on Canary, still, is.  Or like me, still, waiting for Share in Canary.  Yes, Clipular THEN shared, but, only because it provided something TO share... same as Add notes does!  Share, shares... it is not Add notes & Clipular is a band-aid for THAT.  I trust this clarifies this.  Until Add notes is in Edge C, Clipular fills the void within the browser.  We know Snip & Sketch is available, but, to stay on track, the concern is Add notes (functionality), ie. within the browserShare uses Add notes!  They are 2 different things, BUT, They go together!!

Clipular did/does both, hence the confusion, maybe.  Edge uses Add notes AND Share.  BOTH are required!

Oh & Share includes OneNote

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

The Add Notes feature is what has led me to start using Edge more often than Google Chrome and is a very useful feature which I use frequently every day.

@Moondawgie 

You, me & many others.  It's why we eagerly await it in Edge C!

Cheers,
Drew 
thVY64FD02.jpg

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Drew1903 (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@v-gapart 

Gabriel,

In this case/context, I must retract what I said as it does not apply and here is why... Share without Add notes is share what?  Clipular addressed/addresses the lack of Add notes; it, also, sharing was just a bonus. And for anyone not on Canary, still, is.  Or like me, still, waiting for Share in Canary.  Yes, Clipular THEN shared, but, only because it provided something TO share... same as Add notes does!  Share, shares... it is not Add notes & Clipular is a band-aid for THAT.  I trust this clarifies this.  Until Add notes is in Edge C, Clipular fills the void within the browser.  We know Snip & Sketch is available, but, to stay on track, the concern is Add notes (functionality), ie. within the browserShare uses Add notes!  They are 2 different things, BUT, They go together!!

Clipular did/does both, hence the confusion, maybe.  Edge uses Add notes AND Share.  BOTH are required!

Oh & Share includes OneNote

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

View solution in original post