Clear on exit from edge://settings/content/cookies does not work.

Iron Contributor

I have the following configured in edge://settings/content/cookies

clipboard_image_0.png

Despite this, after closing and restarting Edge canary, the following is listed in edge://settings/siteData

clipboard_image_1.png

Does this feature work for anyone else?

5 Replies

@rshupak Hey, friend! Sorry to see this happening! Since it's been a while since you've posted, I wanted to follow up and see if this was still happening to you in Canary (you stated here you are on Canary, please correct me if this particular issue is on another channel). If it is, are you able to try out Chrome Canary and see if the same thing is happening there? This will help us determine next steps.

Missy Quarry (she/her/hers)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@MissyQ No change in Version 81.0.363.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit).  I did experiment with using "[*.]google.com".  This worked while "google.com" did not.  I must say that using brackets is puzzling.  I don't understand why "*.google.com" would not be accepted or preferable.  It's pretty much the convention elsewhere.  Regardless, there should be help or explanatory text that explains the semantics.

@rshupak I wanted to follow up here to let you know that I got some details in your other thread. Please respond there! That'll make it easier for me to track. ;)

Missy Quarry (she/her/hers)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@MissyQ I replied to the other thread in regard to flaws in blocking.  I believe the problem with clear on exit was simply the distinction between google.com and [*.]google.com.  If I find otherwise, I will repost.

@MissyQ Latest version now suffers this again, this I consider a MAJOR privacy breach. You've kept me signed into many sites even though i have all cookies set to clear on exit. Worked a few days back, not now. Just when i thought i'd moved away from chrome for good now i am unable to use Edge. What an utter disappointment. What's more you keep dumping an msn cookie on me and I've specifically blocked msn to prove the point. This is urgent. 

Another issue is the addresses, the list is horrendous. You need to add a setting to stop adding none physical addresses, i have so much leaked information added from spuriously named address fields on sites its ridiculous. I've had to switch off the feature, but guess what, there was no easy way to clear all the addresses you've added. Took me one hour of click click click. Horrendous.