Chromium edge freeze and hang

Copper Contributor
Hi when I use chromium edge freeze and hang now I use Windows 10 lastest verion I dun know why
16 Replies

@karismajopd 

Hi,
Which Edge insider channel/version are you using?

you can find them from the settings of the browser

Annotation 2019-10-17 114240.png

Use Official version maybe 78 version dun use dev version how fix it?

I'd have to know the exact channel and version first, if it's Dev and version 78 then it's outdated and you need to update it..because the latest Dev version is 79, only Beta is still on 78.

just to be sure, can you please copy that exact text from the About page in settings and paste it here?
alternatively, go to this page
https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download
and confirm which Icon your Edge insider browser has.
Thanks

@karismajopd I've been having the same issue at work and at home. Both on version 79. 

Just popping in to say that I've tried reinstalling, new profiles, and switching to the Beta channel, and I'm still experiencing this issue.

I experience this issue when accessing certain websites sometimes. I'm using Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta 79.0.309.18 and Windows 10 Insider Preview 20H1 build 19013.

after build 19013, 2 more builds have been released, 19018 and 19023

@HotCakeX 

Same here, since over a month. After visiting apple site for example, Edge freezes. None of the tabs reacts anymore. Only solutin is to close the instance of Edge.

Starting another instance of Edge is possible. 

Microsoft Edge is up to date.Version 80.0.334.4 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

Still can't figure out what the problem is, for me Choogle chrome also has the same problem, i think it's a Chromium thing

@HotCakeX Do you have SEP running on the PC by any chance?

No.

@karismajopd  Ever since I installed edge now my win 10 hangs. The windows 10 is a fresh install on a new SSD hard drive. The problem is it attempts to get to a file on the hard drive says it's locked hangs for up to 30 sec to 2 minutes. My entire PC is hung then after that time it releases control. If I open Chrome it also does this. I found a way to uninstall edge using registry hack that worked resolved it. I wanted to use edge so I loaded it again now the problem is back again. 

@ilik0 

@ilik0 wrote:

@HotCakeX Do you have SEP running on the PC by any chance?

My problem is fixed now 

@kell490 

Spoiler

@kell490 wrote:

@karismajopd  Ever since I installed edge now my win 10 hangs. The windows 10 is a fresh install on a new SSD hard drive. The problem is it attempts to get to a file on the hard drive says it's locked hangs for up to 30 sec to 2 minutes. My entire PC is hung then after that time it releases control. If I open Chrome it also does this. I found a way to uninstall edge using registry hack that worked resolved it. I wanted to use edge so I loaded it again now the problem is back again. 

You say Chrome and Edge both have this problem, so should look into somewhere else other than Edge browser.

which file is it trying to access anyway? and how do you know this? any message shows up on the screen? if so uploading a screenshot here would help

I have the same problem on my work computer. No idea where this is coming from. Latest Edge, Windows 10 1909.
Try updating the OS
https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

also, if you haven't already, please file a feedback through the browser
press Edge menu (...) button => help and feedback => send feedback