Chromium Edge for Android or iPhone

Copper Contributor
When will Chromium Edge be available for Android or iPhone
22 Replies

Hello @Zain_2006 the version currently available on Android and iOS already use Chronium.

Thank you for your interest.

The Chromium Edge isn't planned for mobile.

However, you can sync all your data between Microsoft Edge Insider Channels and the latest Edge browser for Android only, not iOS.

To learn how, see this Microsoft Support post.

@Deleted wrote:

However, you can sync all your data between Microsoft Edge Insider Channels and the latest Edge browser for Android only, not iOS.

And Ismael's answer is NOT correct.

It uses Edge HTML for all versions.

Hello @Deleted according to I commented a technician in another post when I asked if they were going to launch the version canary, Dev and beta of the new edge in Android and iOS and I said no that the current edge and works based on Chronium.

I'm sorry I could create some confusion.

@Deleted  ha escrito:

@Deleted wrote:

@Ismael Martinez wrote:

Hello @Deleted according to I commented a technician in another post when I asked if they were going to launch the version canary, Dev and beta of the new edge in Android and iOS and I said no that the current edge and works based on Chronium.

I'm sorry I could create some confusion.

@Deleted  ha escrito:

@Deleted wrote:

However, are you going to see my link and sync between Edge Insider Channels and Edge Android?

Also, are you even using Android, or is it iOS?  

I believe that the Android version already the Chromium/Blink engine. And the iOS version has to use Apple's Webkit, else it's not allowed to be on the app store.

@EbonJaeger  ha escrito:

I believe that the Android version already the Chromium/Blink engine. And the iOS version has to use Apple's Webkit, else it's not allowed to be on the app store.

@EbonJaeger That's exactly what they told me.

Thanks.

@Deleted  ha escrito:

@Deleted wrote:

@DeletedThis thread is where I was told the above mentioned.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_internet-insider_spartan-insiderplat_phone/we-will-also-have-in-the-future-an-app-edge-canary/985cc96e-55c8-41f8-bee9-db485c8d2e08?messageId=21c275d0-071a-4757-9290-f41081860d7c

Thanks.

@Ismael Martinez  - I know what you mean. I wondered the same thing about the beta/test models being on Android. Google has all three versions of their Chrome beta's available free for testing in the android app store. Samsung Internet Browser also has a Beta browser too. I have "Chrome Canary" on my android (and PC) as I'm a Chrome Canary beta tester too (been so for many years now). People love the beta apps too..All around 4.4 - 4.7 stars. In away it's the company's way of throwing out three or four browsers out there at once...getting more people to down at least one of those browsers especially the tech beta testing people like us that wants more than a regular browser. So I'm wondering if Microsoft is going to compete with Google in that area too (their beta's vs Chrome's betas). Here is a sniped picture I took of them being advertised on Google Play (android apps store):  

@Deleted Thanks for that link Michael :thumbs_up:

Android and IOS have insider Edge?

@andrewceso 

@andrewceso wrote:
Android and IOS have insider Edge?

Hi,

not yet, they only have Beta versions which can sync your data (bookmarks, passwords, address etc) with Edge insider channels on computer.

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

Ther eis no way to sync Edge and Edge Insiders bookmarks when using Office 365 account. I would need to use a regular hotmail account for that which is pretty stupid.

Not worth using regular edge on a desktop, but I cannot use edge insider on mobile. A bit of a F up!

I guess I'm going back to Chrome

@Deleted Just checked and my standard Edge for Android is syncing bookmarks and passwords with Edge Chromium desktop (Dev). It's not syncing open tabs and history (yet) but I can live with that. I'm using Office 365 account only.

You can sync Edge insider with Office365 accounts, there is an article for that in here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/devices/enterprise-state-roaming-enable

apparently you need Enterprise State Roaming to be enabled first.
Hi, may I ask which Office365 subscription are you using? I have Business premium + E5 but I'm wondering if other tiers support it too.

@EbonJaeger 

@EbonJaeger wrote:

That can't be true. Android doesn't force 3rd party browsers to use only one engine.

here is the proof:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox_for_Android

Firefox for Android uses the same Quantum engine as Mozilla Firefox.

Thanks for clarifying