Chromium Edge Blurry

Brass Contributor

So this was something I stumbled across unexpectedly in the Chromium version of Edge. The image on the left is Chromium Edge and the image on the right is the standard version of Edge. You'll notice that some of the text in the Chromium version is blurry/fuzzy. What's also strange is there appears to be a cutoff in Chromium Edge where it suddenly become sharp again. That seems to remain in the same place if I scroll, as in the cutoff scrolls with the text and doesn't leave it.

chomiumblur.PNG

25 Replies

@Bradcore Have you seen anything that bad? It happens with both Edge Chromium beta and stable.

Never happens with Edge classic, Chrome, nor with Opera.

2020-03-19 (2).png

For now i have applied the workaround mentioned below.

I have the same problem with my Intel processor (integrated GPU).

The left side is Edge Chromium and the right side is Firefox.

2020-05-13 06_42_49-tkf_Baselet.jl_ Base API optimized for tuples and 1 more page - Personal - Micro.jpg

The image quality is lower than what I see. It is very apparent on my screen.

The problem is with HTML elements with the font-weight css attribute set to anything different than "normal". It is how the renderer is designed and I think that we all agree it looks horrible.

I'm on 

Version 83.0.478.61 (Official build) (64-bit)

and am constantly seeing the it become blurry.  Still no fix for this?
Edge has always been blurry for me. I just upgraded to a new computer. Edge was blurry for me when I had a GTX 1060, and it's blurry for me now that I have a Radeon 5700 XT. It's my understanding that Radeon doesn't have an FXAA setting such as in NVIDIA Control Panel. There is anti-aliasing, but the type isn't specified. If anyone's figured out how to fix Edge on Radeon, please let me know.

No one year later I get a forced push which installed Edge Chromium and the content is blurry and varies. Sometime things look good for a second then blurry. Before I only used Edge Classic but now I have to install Google Chrome because of this bizarre issue. And it seems this is already happening for a whole year in these forums.

This kind of quality and and bad release control and nobody seems to know why but turn on acceleration seems to me there is no priority for this issue.

This is another case of I didn't ask for this upgrade which really is a downgrade in quality.

Just unbelieveable! This Edge Chromium is the worst and it is forced. 

@CPL593H