Checkbox "Always open these types of links in the associated app" no longer available?

Iron Contributor

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I didn't have any luck searching for it.

When I first starting testing the new Edge Canary version, when I would click on a Teams meeting reminder from Outlook, it would show have a pop-up in Edge that would say "Open in Microsoft Teams" and below it would be a checkbox that said "always open these types of links in the associated app" and below that there was a button to "Open Microsoft Teams" or "Cancel."  If I would check the box and then press the "Open in Microsoft Teams" button, then future Teams meetings wouldn't have Edge ask every time if I want to "Open Microsoft Teams."

Always open checkbox.png

I don't remember what version of Edge Canary I was on then, but I've been on Edge Dev for a couple months now, and it no longer has this check box.  Every time I go to connect to a Teams meeting from Outlook, I get the prompt and have to tell it to Open in Microsoft Teams.  Same goes for every single Excel or Word document I open from SharePoint. 

open microsoft teams.pngopen excel.png

Can this checkbox be brought back?  Now that I have more users testing Edge Dev, I am getting a lot of complaints about this.  Thanks!

1 Reply

@SteveSta 

I have this same request. If you haven't already submitted it via the smiley feedback icon, please add your input there too.