Check Spelling English

MVP

It is not possible to check spelling for English and another language, if you only have two languages

ThankCapturar.PNG

7 Replies

@maisondasilva 

English (UK) or English (US) should be added here, they work.

@Deleted Yes, but since it already has English, I believe it would not be necessary to add another language, and add EUA US does it works without problems

It is the same case with Google Chrome as well: Spell Check isn't available for English, but rather available for English (United States) and English (United Kingdom). These two are just the dialects of the English language. You can choose either of them.

@Deleted I use more firefox now edge can, nice to know this, so I believe that depends on the google's project to solve?

@maisondasilva wrote:

@Deleted I use more firefox now edge can, nice to know this, so I believe that depends on the google's project to solve?

I am not sure if that is a problem with Chromium's end. To be honest, I don't see it as a problem at all, since these two dialects of EnglishEnglish (UK) and English (US)—have been around for many families of Microsoft products for a long time, including Windows. You can choose either of the two depending on what dialect of English you use in your country. 

One example to make it more easy for you if you still didn't understand it well: If you use the word "colour" instead of "color" while writing, choose English (UK). If it is otherwise, then choose English (US). I hope that makes it clear.

@maisondasilva 

There are also different dialects in German.
German (Germany) My mother language
German (Liechtenstein)
German (Austria) and
German (Switzerland).
And that's right. It's the same as Portuguese (Brazil). Here there are also differences to other Portuguese-speaking countries. The "Simple" English is intended as an display language. Since I changed my babe to German, I can remove English.

@Deleted @Deleted Yes, it's okay, I believe that when they translate the edge it's going to leave the language we want]

Thanks info