Change the "e" logo

Brass Contributor

Please! change the "e" logo, the vast majority of people still think that it is Intenet Explorer.

EDIT: I do not say that the logo looks bad, what I mean is, that the current logo is very similar to Internet Explorer, and IE already carries a very bad brand image, so there are people who dismiss Edge because they believe that is still IE and that it continues with IE's problems.

PD: Please excuse the grammatical errors, I do not speak English very well.

7 Replies
not really. E is for the Edge and if a few people confuse it it's their problem.
Thank you for your feedback, @Elig-GM.

Why does it matter whose problem it is

@Sebastiann oh really?

so tell me, did Microsoft confirm that they wanna change the logo or it's just what you wish for?

This whole thing is silly... your going to argue over what pretty picture to use to represent Edge...... The logo is "NOT" what is going to bring folks in... It is how well it runs and how well it runs with all the bells and whistles it has for folks. How well folks can configure it that works best for them...... Lets all work together and test all this out.......

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile 

Exactly.

Logo is simply a picture. it's like making a good looking click bait youtube thumbnail to lure people into your video or in this case, your software. that also ends up bad because people don't use a software just because the logo looks nice. they use it because it performs its job well. you think chrome's logo is nice? hell no, but it does its job perfectly. i even don't like chrome's toolbar and style but i have to use it because it's the best option everyone's got so far.

If anything, I worry that changing the name or logo will actually do the opposite of what you intend. Let's take a quick look at Google: they change around their software offerings all the time, and it jars and upset's their users. Changing the branding is something that one has to be very careful with.

More likely though, it will have no effect at all. People aren't going to just give it a try because the logo is new and shiny. It's irrelevant.