Celsius units in new tab page greeting

Copper Contributor

Hi, the greeting at the top left of the new tab page currently shows the temperature in Farenheit, which is quite useless in regions where it's not used at all. 

I hope it's a planned feature to choose the temperature unit based on locale/language settings (I have English UK as my top language right now, and I'm getting Farenheit)

Thank you :)

8 Replies

Same problem here @mrislam 

Changing the languages in Edge settings doesn't do the trick. 

Hi @mrislam 

wasn't this posted few hours ago? cause I'm sure I posted a comment on it but seems to have disappeared now 

Oh weird @HotCakeX, but I had searched prior to posting and just found discussion on a country flag on the new tab page, and a comment on an update summary from October. Thought a separate thread could be helpful to highlight this issue

Same problem here @mrislam. Has anyone found a way to change it?

@dakikz Actually, the issue resolved over time for me, probably after some update a few weeks ago… I'm on the dev channel by the way

@dakikz 

@dakikz wrote:

Same problem here Has anyone found a way to change it?

what is your locale/country set to?

@HotCakeX I had same issue after one update (dev channel), I reported to Edge team... for now it is fixed (lest say it was fixed 5-7 days ago). 

Anyway I had exactly same issue, it displayed °F instead °C.

@Deleted 

@Deleted wrote:

@HotCakeX I had same issue after one update (dev channel), I reported to Edge team... for now it is fixed (lest say it was fixed 5-7 days ago). 

Anyway I had exactly same issue, it displayed °F instead °C.

Fixed for me too on Canary